• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preparing myself to part with Rodge and Orla

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
Hey all, sad news im afraid. My fiance and I have split.....he was gambling instead of paying the mortgage.:cry:

I have filled in a surrender form at a local rescue to rehome Rodge and Orla. The next pet to be rehomed may be my beloeved cat Beau. I'm justnot coping and spending more and more time at my parents house which is resulting in me not giving the proper care to Rodge, Orla & Beau.

If anyone would like to offer my 2 bunny babies a home, please DM me. Their custom made 8ft x 6ft shed with galvanised steel run (6ft x 4 ft) will be going with them as to see that shed without my babies in it would break my heart.

My heart is breaking. :cry:

Hey all, sad news im afraid. My fiance and I have split.....he was gambling instead of paying the mortgage.:cry:

I have filled in a surrender form at a local rescue to rehome Rodge and Orla. The next pet to be rehomed may be my beloeved cat Beau. I'm justnot coping and spending more and more time at my parents house which is resulting in me not giving the proper care to Rodge, Orla & Beau.

If anyone would like to offer my 2 bunny babies a home, please DM me. Their custom made 8ft x 6ft shed with galvanised steel run (6ft x 4 ft) will be going with them as to see that shed without my babies in it would break my heart.

My heart is breaking. :cry:

Oh no :cry:

I'm so sorry you're going through this xx

My god! Jenny, my heart goes out to you as I know how much you love your furbabies.:cry:

Is there no way anyone could foster them for you until you are back on your feet?

((((hugs))))

I have filled in a surrender form at a local rescue to rehome Rodge and Orla. The next pet to be rehomed may be my beloeved cat Beau. I'm just not coping and spending more and more time at my parents house which is resulting in me not giving the proper care to Rodge, Orla & Beau.
I deeply sympathise. What a horrible thing to happen to you.

But before surrendering Rodge and Orla - and Beau - if you are trying to stay in your home, is there any way you can "use" the fact you must be there for your animals to get you through this time? In other words, use the animals' needs, their dependence on you, to force you to cope because you know you must give them the time and attention they need from you? That looking after them will force you to look outside the horribleness of what has happened?

If you can't afford to keep them then yes, that's a reason to rehome them but if not, well I'd need my furries to get me through a dreadful time.

I am not criticising you in any way by asking this - I just thought it might be a different perspective. Whatever you do, I hope the difficult days are few and that you start to get back on your feet as soon as possible. Best wishes to you.

Last edited:
I am so, so sorry. I am having to rehome some bunnies due to ill health and know how heartbreaking it is. Are you able to keep your new house?

I'm so sorry, I know how much you love the little ones.

Is it Buddies that you have approached?

I am so sorry to hear all about this. My heart goes out to you. Sending you some 'be strong' vibes and lots of hugs.

I'm so sorry, I know how much you love the little ones.

Is it Buddies that you have approached?

Yes I've approached buddies. It may be some months until they can take them but willing to wait.

It doesn't look like I will be allowed to keep the house come November as my salary alone the mortgage company won't accept. :cry:

I can't believe I've lost my fiance, house and my pets. I can only keep my head up by knowing I have my health and I can keep my dog as he can come live with me at my parents house. (they have 8 dogs).

I feel so lost right now.

Yes I've approached buddies. It may be some months until they can take them but willing to wait.

It doesn't look like I will be allowed to keep the house come November as my salary alone the mortgage company won't accept. :cry:

I can't believe I've lost my fiance, house and my pets. I can only keep my head up by knowing I have my health and I can keep my dog as he can come live with me at my parents house. (they have 8 dogs).

If you had a lodger would that income mean you could keep the house?

Absolute nightmare :cry: (((((HUGS))))))

Back