• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I thought I'd lost Lilly

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I went in to their enclosure for breakfast and Harvey was bouncing with excitement as usual. Lilly wasn't waiting in their meal-time spot so I checked their bed, not there. I lifted the lid of their toilet hutch and no Lilly. I felt that horrible, sickening heart-sinking feeling. I looked all around the edge to find the hole she had escaped from and then heard a noise and saw her squeezing out from behind the hutch I didn't look behing because I knew she couldn't fit! Little rascal! She's been steadily chewing open the enterance to behind the hutch :roll: look at the state of the hutch! The enterance to this is only 3 inches, the space behind was smaller, yet my 3kg girl had gone in, somehow managed to turn around and come out again head first :shock:

3D24445E-9670-431E-87EA-539BB35B4D63-445-000000E04BFC29C2_zpsa4589682.jpg

3EDEB1A8-25E2-4369-A778-4CA280C7607D-445-000000E042BECBFE_zps0334cd48.jpg

Do I need a new hutch yet....? :roll:

Do your buns ever trick you into thinking you've lost them?

Omg!! :shock: It's amazed me many times the tiny spaces they squeeze into! Iv almost lost mine several times, it's so horrible, heart stopping like u day u just feel sick! A couple of times Skye managed to get through tiny holes under the fence, thankfully I managed to retrieve her from next doors garden! The worst ever was Summer, one day they were out in their enclosure and I checked on them and she'd literally disappeared :shock: I checked all around for gaps where she might have dug out... There were none (they'd all been blocked thanks to Skye :lol:) They had however been digging little holes in the ground but none big enough to not be in view... Or so I thought!! When I put my hand down the main hole, I realised they'd dug a lot further than I thought!! It barely fitted my hand inside so I still didn't think she'd be there... And this was in her fatter days too :lol: but then I felt fur! But when she didn't move or back out I convinced myself she'd got stuck and suffocated :shock: Panicking I got my shovel and started digging (very carefully) I managed to pull her out and she was absolutely fine (if a little miffed :lol:) but I have never been so scared!! Well, when Skye 'escaped' I was equally scared :lol: I am so careful now about any little potential getaways!

Glad u got her back ok, hope u can fix the hutch!

What a scare! My little guy managed to squeeze himself under my sideboard, thankfully I saw him do it, otherwise, if he went missing I would never have thought to look under there!

Omg!! :shock: It's amazed me many times the tiny spaces they squeeze into! Iv almost lost mine several times, it's so horrible, heart stopping like u day u just feel sick! A couple of times Skye managed to get through tiny holes under the fence, thankfully I managed to retrieve her from next doors garden! The worst ever was Summer, one day they were out in their enclosure and I checked on them and she'd literally disappeared :shock: I checked all around for gaps where she might have dug out... There were none (they'd all been blocked thanks to Skye :lol:) They had however been digging little holes in the ground but none big enough to not be in view... Or so I thought!! When I put my hand down the main hole, I realised they'd dug a lot further than I thought!! It barely fitted my hand inside so I still didn't think she'd be there... And this was in her fatter days too :lol: but then I felt fur! But when she didn't move or back out I convinced myself she'd got stuck and suffocated :shock: Panicking I got my shovel and started digging (very carefully) I managed to pull her out and she was absolutely fine (if a little miffed :lol:) but I have never been so scared!! Well, when Skye 'escaped' I was equally scared :lol: I am so careful now about any little potential getaways!

Glad u got her back ok, hope u can fix the hutch!

That sounds terrifying! Harvey played dead the other day but I picked him up and found out in a few seconds he was perfectly alive and annoyed :roll: I would've panicked so much if I couldn't have gotten to him straight away! I'm glad mine can't dig tunnels, they have their digging box to dig in but I don't trust them with lawn :p

What a scare! My little guy managed to squeeze himself under my sideboard, thankfully I saw him do it, otherwise, if he went missing I would never have thought to look under there!

I don't think I'll ever quite understand how rabbits can fit in spaces so much smaller than they are! Crazy animals!

Poppy gets down the side of the wardrobe .. smallest gap ever :roll: she knows she's being a monkey though because once you say her name, she comes running out and just sits there like ..."wasn't me!"

Harriet and Alfie once got under the bath and stayed there for FOUR hours. We had to take the boards off to get them out :evil:

Harriet and Alfie once got under the bath and stayed there for FOUR hours. We had to take the boards off to get them out :evil:

This reminds me of when I was 16 and went away for a week. On the train on the way, only gone for an hour and mum calls saying my hamster had escaped, he's under the floorboards :roll: 7 days passed and she couldn't get him, I was home for 30 mins and managed to get him, easily :roll: he was a little feral though! :lol: luckily I didn't have to resort to ripping up floor boards!

Poppy gets down the side of the wardrobe .. smallest gap ever :roll: she knows she's being a monkey though because once you say her name, she comes running out and just sits there like ..."wasn't me!"

Lilly was like this this morning, she came out because I was shouting breakfast and looked annoyed that I wanted to stroke her before feeding her :roll:

Wow....I though Holly was terrible for chewing her cage! :shock:

Must have been a terrible feeling, but a happy ending... apart from the cage though!

Naughty bunny!! Glad she was ok though :) my rat escaped once and when I woke up the next morning and see she was gone I cried my heart out! I searched around for her for ages and eventually gave up thinking she was lost forever, until by chance I opened up the cupboard under the sink and she had made herself a bed out of some j cloths!! :lol:

This reminds me of when I was 16 and went away for a week. On the train on the way, only gone for an hour and mum calls saying my hamster had escaped, he's under the floorboards :roll: 7 days passed and she couldn't get him, I was home for 30 mins and managed to get him, easily :roll: he was a little feral though! :lol: luckily I didn't have to resort to ripping up floor boards!

And this reminds me of when me and my sis were young and one night my sis had got up in the night to go to the loo and shouted 'argh theres a hamster in the bathroom!!' (Not ours!) So we all went to c and yep there was a hamster just wandering around the bathroom :lol: Turns out it belonged to next door-but-one!!! It had escaped and somehow travelled through the floorboards and popped out 2 houses down :lol: We couldn't believe it!!

Back