• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Funny morning routines?

smudgiebun

Alpha Buck
Do anyone elses buns have funny little routines they do in the morning?

Every morning when I go to feed ours, I open the cage, they dash out and do a mad lap of the living room, then come back for their food! :lol: Then once they've done with that (just half eggcup of nuggets) they come and find me or my boyfriend and try to steal toast, and nudge until hay is given :lol:

EDIT: Smudge tries to steal toast, she's the naughty one :lol: Not Chewie!

I dunno. Nothing special, just around 7,30-8 am, when it's time for me to wake up, the bun starts thumping&making noise, the cat start meowing like a little demon, my sister screams "coffee". In case I don't get up she calls my mobile to tell me that my menagerie is needing me (this includes her as well!) So I get up, feed bun, give it a run around the appartment, feed Bobby, clean his litter, make coffee for me and sis, and have 10-15 minutes to drink it :) No way I go to work snoozing:)

I love bunny routines.
Benjie patiently sits on my bedside table, & as soon as I stir, hops into bed under my chin for morning cuddles.:love::love:
Woe betide me if I dare put anything on the table, (even my specs now have to be hung over the bedend) cos he'll throw it off. The alarm clock has lost it's handle, second hand fell off & lost the little door at the back from being put in "Benjie's space" & thrown off.:lol:
In the evening if I'm uplate & he wants to go to bed he gets really agitated, thundering into the room & starts to be naughty = attention seeking if I ignore him. All he wants is his bed time cuddle before he settles down!

Rabbit routines re mental.

I am up at 5.30am, go into living room to dump phone and other bits. Go get shower and she wanders about the hall and bathroom. She helps me getting dressed by jumping ans sitting on my clothes! After that she starts going mental cos she knows she is going to get fead. Then i leave for the day leaving my other to let her run around while he gets ready. I get home about 3.30pm and she has almost free run of the flat until 10.30pm. Weekends we get the bedroom door thumped to wake us up to give her brekkie at about 6.30am. I still love her tho!

Nothing particularly unusual here but a definite routine.
1. open door to rabbit shed, rabbits come running out.
2. walk over to chicken run to get scooper. Get chicken food, come back and feed chickens.
3. go in to shed, closely followed by Eli and try to refill hay rack while my legs are mauled.
4. (optional) try to empty tray and clean up floor while Eli gets gradually more insane
5. chuck food on the floor and whistle for the others to come in, Rambo comes bombing in.
6. walk over to lola and tell her to go home, sometimes nudge her with my foot until she runs home.
7. shut shed

Soon as I open the conservatory door Leo goes to his run and watches me come out be it with their pellets and hay in the AM or hay on the PM because he knows it's feeding time.

I usually get circled whilst I am putting everything out or if I do it outside the shed they dart all around the place :lol:

Yep, Ludo has learnt now to thump if he can hear we're awake and no-one has fed him his breakfast.

My Dad got told off the other day for being too noisy when he got up early, he disturbed Ludo! (Who then disturbed me!)

My husband goes out and lets bunny out of cage and opens shed door to get a crunchie for him, by which time bun is in shed and half way up hubbies leg for his crunchie. He then does a running circuit of his yard which is very big and when hubby goes to get milk bottles out of holder ( we still have a milkman!) bunny had to help him get the lid off and move the holder for him! Hubby leave french window open and bun does a lap of the spare bedroom including a rummage under the spare bed and out again and only then will he have his food.

For me it's wake up at 8, stumble downstairs, shove some shoes on, trudge out to the garden still half asleep carrying the rabbit food, shake it, Alfie and Roo come racing downstairs and Roo starts circling alfie :roll: then I give them a handful of pellets, maybe a bit more if its chilly, top up their water and hay if they need it! Then I go into the little lounge, carry Dee into the kitchen for a run round because she is in her cage overnight (hopefully getting a pen tomorrow though!), have brekkie, get dee, put her back in her cage, feed her, refresh her water, top up her hay and voila :D:D

Have got in to a very good morning routine at the moment :)

Whoops didn't realise this was rabbit related...! :oops:

Er ignore me...

My 4 all wake up around 7.30-8am (they've got into the habit as that's when I usually get up) and immediately start being naughty and generally annoying me until I get up and give them their breakfast.

Max them bides his time until I sit down with my porridge then proceeds to mug me for it :roll: I'm teaching him the word "wait" so that he sits quietly until I've finished then he can lick my bowl clean. Sometimes he gets it, sometimes he totally defies it. It's a work in progress but he's an intelligent boy so I'm hoping he'll get it eventually :thumb:

Julie sits in the spot that I prepare her meds waiting for me in the morning. She sits there shortly before I am due to wake up then she runs round and round my feet while I am getting them ready. She will stand up to take the metacam and run to the spot that I put her dish of of alternative meds ............gobbles then runs to lay between the OH feet as he prepares his breakfast then runs to the spot that he feeds her greens after siting infront of the frig making sure he gets them. If he doesn't go to the frig then she runs and sits in the doorway that he will leave from.
If I over sleep then she bangs toys or bowls until I wake up. She can tell time pretty good.:lol:

Moley sits with his "what are you waiting" for stance by the mesh, side on, one ear up, one down, while poppy eats hay. I shout morning and then Moley goes mental and stands (on hind legs) in front of the door, stopping me from opening the door, at this point, Poppy has realised what is happening and they both run round, Moley nipping Poppy and Poppy binkying.

I open the door fight to get the dishes, both rabbits running in and out of their pen and circling my legs.

Once I eventually get the bowls I can then try to get their food from the box without standing on them both, still circling me. Once at the box Moley try's to climb up my legs. Once the food is successfully in the bowls, I call their names and they both make like crazy back into the pen circling each other and me, I have to try to place the bowls down without hitting either of them on the head or getting bitten (this part is not always successful). It is like that every evening and morning. Anyone would think they were starved ..... Trust me they aren't :D

Back