• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Widget changing colour or am I mad?

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
This was her at Christmas

IMG_0178_zps92bd1559.jpg

IMG_0158_zps5e36b77a.jpg

This is her today

IMG_0877_zps297aa492.jpg

IMG_0875_zps86919cf2.jpg

IMG_0872_zpse10232af.jpg

IMG_0853_zpsc7b06984.jpg

Ow
IMG_0861_zps4490c6fe.jpg

Awwww, she does look a bit lighter. :love: Our dwarf, Pipsqueak, has got a little bit lighter and Oscar (who was Pearl colouring, so already mainly white) used to lose some of the grey ticking down his back in winter.

Yeah, she does look a little different! My dwarf changed colour too, he went from grey to almost white in about a week :shock:

Most Russian dwarf hammies from p@h and other pet shops are normally a hybrid of the 2 Russian breeds, Campbell's hamsters and winter white hamsters.

Winter whites live up to their names and lighten considerably in winter, it may well be that your little one is showing their winter white genes at the mo!

Stunning hammy :love::love::love:

Eta... She is a Russian right??? Just looked again and she looks so tiny... If she's a robo then I have no idea! :oops:

My last dwarf used to go pearly white in summer and be grey in winter... Winter white apparently :lol: :love:

Looks like her markings as changed. Julie changes hers every time she sheds.
Widget is adorable. Love the last pic.:love: Looks like a baby sucking on your finger.

Looks like her markings as changed. Julie changes hers every time she sheds.
Widget is adorable. Love the last pic.:love: Looks like a baby sucking on your finger.

Would have been nice if she was just sucking. :lol:

Widget is a russian dwarf, I wonder if she's maybe more aware of the shortening days this year being in my animal room which isn't lit at night.

Back