• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My hamster set ups.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
I did a big spot clean of both cages and added some new things so took some pictures :)

Apollo's Alexander (syrian) - I really love this cage! His main toys are on the top level and he really makes the most of having this level, he adores all of the space. He's really come out of his shell :) He isn't really a digger and the level of megazorb seems to have dropped somewhat :lol: he tends to stamp it down! so churning it up is a daily thing for me or my bf :p still a good depth of substrate just in case though. We'll be picking some more megazorb up soon (using it for Poppy's litter tray now) so I can top up the cages too :)

DSC_0227_zps421f5da7.jpg

DSC_0228_zpsba6dac31.jpg

DSC_0236_zps7b92414d.jpg

His large sandbath/toilet is in the corner, wheel, his house, tunnels, food and water bowls and climbing toy are downstairs :) The 12 inch wheel fits nicely under where we put the levels.

DSC_0237_zpsb60674dd.jpg

DSC_0238_zps28342547.jpg

Phoebe's zoozone2 - (dwarf)

She is the digger so plenty of substrate is a must for her! She has all of her food/water (I managed to attach the bottle where it should go using garden wire :p) house, wheel and sandbath/toilet at the one end so her play time is at the other end! She seems to like it that way :)

DSC_0234_zpsbe0963de.jpg

DSC_0235_zps63b5e817.jpg

And here's some not so good pics Phoebe :)

DSC_0230_zps2bf27525.jpg

DSC_0231_zps49739888.jpg

DSC_0232_zps19f0d543.jpg

DSC_0233_zps1a0b9bfd.jpg

I always love seeing pics of your hamsters and their set ups. They are always so nice and I bet the hamsters love all the room they have :love:

Brilliant set ups!

Would you say either of them is better than a viv? The reason why I am asking is because a friend dumped her hamster on us (a week after getting rid of our past dwarf's cage - A Freddy that had been meshed)

We already have a hamster who live in a three feet viv which he adores - he used to have so many levels but now as he is coming up four, it is mainly just ground floor :love:

I'd prefer not going back to bars especially as she is a bar chewer.

Thank you :oops: I just love cleaning up after them :? :lol: My bf doesn't understand the whole cage thing but he prefers the bigger ones because the hamsters are a lot happier :love:

We do have to relocate Apollo in the evening though :oops: he is a heavy syrian so his wheel makes this weird noise and Poppy hates it :lol: we can cope with it but Poppy thumping all night is pretty annoying! So he moves in with Leo which is fine because Leo are deaf bless him!

Last edited:
They're massive! Look really good. I'm going to make my changes to Grayson's set up tomorro...

Pics! I'm so jealous of the detolf .. :evil: :lol: :love:

Brilliant set ups!

Would you say either of them is better than a viv? The reason why I am asking is because a friend dumped her hamster on us (a week after getting rid of our past dwarf's cage - A Freddy that had been meshed)

We already have a hamster who live in a three feet viv which he adores - he used to have so many levels but now as he is coming up four, it is mainly just ground floor :love:

I'd prefer not going back to bars especially as she is a bar chewer.

I love the vivs/tanks :) Phoebe was in a tank when I had April. As long as you can fit the appropriate sized wheel in and still have plenty of room/digging space I think they're fab :love:

I love the vivs/tanks :) Phoebe was in a tank when I had April. As long as you can fit the appropriate sized wheel in and still have plenty of room/digging space I think they're fab :love:

Brilliant. There is a four feet that I have got my eye on ... thank you for your advice. Your enclousures are amazing!

Have you tried the wooden wheels? I found that my hamsters love them - both of them got two wheels but they barely use the flying saucer. In fact, I think Drawkcab just uses his to poo on!

Brilliant. There is a four feet that I have got my eye on ... thank you for your advice. Your enclousures are amazing!

Have you tried the wooden wheels? I found that my hamsters love them - both of them got two wheels but they barely use the flying saucer. In fact, I think Drawkcab just uses his to poo on!

Wow! 4ft!? Lucky hamster :love:

The wooden wheels are apparently nice and quiet :love: I wanted one for Apollo when I bought the Alexander but when I tried him with the silent spinner he didn't really use it as much, I think he was telling me that he doesn't like upright wheels :lol: Phoebe is the same though, she was so clumsy on the 6.5 inch silent spinner! :lol: Apollo poos and wees on his wheel so I'm constantly chipping it off :mrgreen: :evil: oh well :lol:

Back