• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The gerbils, meet the boy guinea pigs.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
We took in 4 guinea pigs and 2 gerbils last night.

I haven't any pictures if the guinea pigs, they are still a bit traumatised, but here are the gerbils- they were called Itchy and Scratchy but Mike doesn't like matching names, so meet-

Dixie-
17EAB06D-6242-4E1A-9539-EB5B6EF7C683-4736-000005D5F1338E4A.jpg

And Galileo, Gali for short. One of our volunteers was desperate to use the name Galileo!
ED60AD03-5267-49A1-8780-5C67EC53D413-4736-000005D606DD0D4D.jpg

Last edited:
:love: Are gerbils the same as hamsters regarding bumble foot? If so I would cover those bars when you can :) unless you've already done that, in which case I apologise :p

It's such a shame .. :( a girl I know (she's 16 I think but acts her shoe size) is engaged to her bf of 2 months. His present to her? 2 gerbils .. her mom and dad said no way to gerbils. She thinks it's hilarious that they'll be coming home one day next week to 2 'princess' gerbils :roll: goodness knows what they'll be kept in! or even happen to them when her parents find out :(

Bless them, I hope they do well with you. They have quite cheery wee faces. I am rather fond of gerbils as a friend had one when we were at school.

:love: Are gerbils the same as hamsters regarding bumble foot? If so I would cover those bars when you can :) unless you've already done that, in which case I apologise :p

It's such a shame .. :( a girl I know (she's 16 I think but acts her shoe size) is engaged to her bf of 2 months. His present to her? 2 gerbils .. her mom and dad said no way to gerbils. She thinks it's hilarious that they'll be coming home one day next week to 2 'princess' gerbils :roll: goodness knows what they'll be kept in! or even happen to them when her parents find out :(

Once we get some shelves and a proper lid sorted they will be moving into a 3 ft tank, in my mind this cage is too small and they seem really active, friendly, happy, little things.

I've never had gerbils before- had mice, rats, Syrian hamsters and looked after degus but never a gerbil!

The 2 boy guinea pigs, now named Puffin and Tunnock!
76783832-DDCA-49A6-AE24-188616DCCC2A-4736-0000067BCAFD8309.jpg

Puffin is the black and white one, Tunnock is the tricolour.

Back