• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having an emotional moment :(

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
:cry: Missing my boy so much and feeling so horrible because I couldn't save him :cry: rabbits are not supposed to die from snuffles. Yet he did. My beautiful Boris died, and could've been saved had things only been different :(

Can't help but feel that I should've done more, that I should've tried harder. If I had, maybe he'd still be here :cry:

Sorry, just need to let this out somehow before I go insane :( I just fail to see how I'll ever be happy again. I've never felt grief like this before in my whole life :(

Oh Hun I know it's hard but don't blame yourself :cry:

Unfortunately these little animals we surround ourselves with and who become our beloved friends are so so fragile. We can try everything in our power and do everything right, as you did with Boris, but still lose them :cry:

It feels so unfair and I really feel for you ((((((((HUGS))))))))

Sorry, just need to let this out somehow before I go insane :( I just fail to see how I'll ever be happy again. I've never felt grief like this before in my whole life :(
You need to be kinder to yourself.

Start remembering the good times you had and the kindness and friendship you offered him and the affection you got back.

I've said this before but we're not omnipotent or clairvoyant. We can only do our best at the time. I'm sure you did that. I'm currently beating myself up because we didn't spot stomach cancer in our dog fast enough to make an operation a possibility. But for the month before it was diagnosed, we were trying to identify what was wrong and in the process the vet diagnosed a heart problem, an infection in one of the valves of the heart and a few other things... all of which were being treated successfully but in the meantime the diagnosis missed the reason for one of his symptoms.

But while I'm missing him dreadfully, none of us - vet, me, OH - were clairvoyant and I accept while we did our best we still failed.

So I'm looking at photos of Peppa being a dynamic, happy, contented dog and being very grateful for the 5-years we had with him and he had with us. He was a rescue / re-home and we did our very best for him but we didn't guarantee to be clairvoyant.

Be kind to yourself, Oompa and dwell on the good times. :)

I think grief is often tinged with guilt - why didn't I do this or that, etc - whereas in fact we've done our best, which is all we can do. I'm sorry you're feeling so sad, but it wouldn't be normal if you weren't, so just go with it and try not to blame yourself for something that wasn't your fault. He was much loved .. and knew it.

My heart goes out to you. I lost my handsome little soul mate bunny Timmy on Christmas morning, and the grief has been overwhelming. Every time I see his photo, or something that was his, it washes over him with renewed force. He was very old, and he had a fantastic life, so it was his time to go. But that doesn't make it any easier to bear at the moment. You mustn't think about the 'what ifs' and the 'if I hads' and let them destroy you and make you feel guilty. It's hard, and it's cruel, and it's unfair..... but it will happen to every bun and everyone of us who chooses to keep buns at some point. But try hard to focus on the 'what WERES' and how much love he had and the happiness that you gave him...... and you will know how incredibly lucky he was to know love and happiness in his life. So incredibly many bunnies do not. :cry: *HUGS* x

Thanks everyone. Your support means so much xxx It's just that...Boris came into my life quite unexpectedly, and I had in no way predicted that I was going to become so close to him. I was 15 at the time and going through some really difficult times with my parents having gotten divorced, and being bullied at school....he was literally my best friend. I think that's why I feel such guilt, because he was always there for me, and in return I wanted to do everything I could to give him a long happy life. Which I still feel like I failed to do since he died before his 6th birthday :(

I'm sure there will come a time when I'm able to smile at the memories...but right now I only feel pain. I'd do anything to get him back :(

Back