• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Alice is limping :( - Been to vets

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
No idea what she could have done to hurt herself :(
We have been out and about most of the weekend to so feeling guilty as she could have been like that for a while.
She seems fine in herself, just noticed she's not putting as much weight on her back left foot.
We have a vets near that's open Sundays so going to see if they can have a look for me.

Last edited:
Oh poor Alice. Perhaps she has been jumping around and landed awkwardly. Hoping that it's nothing more sinister than that.

Fingers crossed for little Alice. xx:love::love:

I'm sure Bear will keep a close eye on her.:love::love:

It does look a bit like sore hocks, but then not if that makes sense!
It looks very red and sore so were going to the vets in half an hour, thank goodness it's not an out of hours on!

My Boris would get this sometimes and I never did find out what it was :? It looked a bit like sore hocks but still not, and it usually sorted itself out. I don't recall him ever limping though, that's a bit worrying. Sending vibes for Alice xxx

It is sore hocks but I've never seen it like that before, no wonder she was limping poor girlie :cry:
We have some cream and some pain relief so hopefully she will be on the mend soon, vet wants to see her again in 3 days and may put her on antibiotics.

Poor Alice. :(

Have you got any fleecey blankets to put down for her to walk on? That's supposed to help.

Vibes for her feetsies.

xx

Back