• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beetroot is now at peace and free from pain x p144

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We had arranged to collect our new bunny Beetroot this morning but have had text messages to say she is very ill. We originally decided not to move her but it now seems that the risk of collecting her outweighs leaving her where she is, so we need a stress free, quick journey for her.

Becky86 contacted us 10 days ago to see if we had space for a 7 year old girl who was not in the best of health. Beetroot had been put in private boarding by an rspca inspector and was due to be pts the next day. We said yes ( of course ;) ) and Becky picked her up immediately to make her safe :D Becky then kindly got her vet checked, where it was found she needed an emergency dental. So this was done and as she really struggled to recover stayed with Becky and Vicky for a few days until she was up to travelling.

Today she is barely eating and shivering, so initially we decided against going to collect her. We have all been concerned there is more going on with her than just dental issues so feel she needs further diagnostics asap but Becky's rabbit savvy vet is currently off sick. Because we can get Beetroot to our vet first thing in the morning or if needs be our excellent out of hours vet to night we have decided to risk the journey today.

Beetroot has been through so much already and now has another stressful couple of days ahead of her, so any thoughts and good wishes would really be appreciated :love:

Last edited:
Loads of vibes. I know that the out of hours vets are fabulous if you need to take her to them.

I really hope not as we are still recovering financially from our three christmas trips there! But of course if she needs to go she will and its great knowing there are excellent vets available :D

Sending tons and tons of vibes for Beetroot. Poor little girl, I hope she makes her journey with as little stress as possible and makes a full recovery.

I really hope not as we are still recovering financially from our three christmas trips there! But of course if she needs to go she will and its great knowing there are excellent vets available :D

I know what you mean. Waffle always chooses emergency vet time to be ill :roll:

I know what you mean. Waffle always chooses emergency vet time to be ill :roll:

£200.50 to have a bunny pts x3 not good :(

Steve has Beetroot and says she really does look a poorly girl, although she is moving around in the carrier a bit. Hopefully I will see her some time after 3pm :love:

Poor Beetroot, I'm sorry she's not doing so well and I hope she has a safe journey. x

Vibes for Beetroot xx. Which out of hours vet do you see? I'm always looking for somewhere good to go in an out of hours emergency. Saw a shockingly bad vet at Vets Now once. First time was in Northampton and then blow me, there she is in Milton Keynes another time. Couldn't believe my rotten luck. She seems to believe that small furries aren't worth bothering with.

Vibes for Beetroot xx. Which out of hours vet do you see? I'm always looking for somewhere good to go in an out of hours emergency. Saw a shockingly bad vet at Vets Now once. First time was in Northampton and then blow me, there she is in Milton Keynes another time. Couldn't believe my rotten luck. She seems to believe that small furries aren't worth bothering with.

Walnut tree, they have always been excellent with our bunnies. The physio Vet who did house visits for Trevor works there for vets now. Often it is the day time vets doing extra shifts too :D

Back