• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Forsham cottage arks u/d- now trading independently again with new name!

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
Is this new? Did anyone realise this? Just googled their really big hutch and it now says "forsham cottage arks is a trading division of omlet limited". It doesn't change my view on the high quality of their forsham products, but I'm really disappointed :cry: It makes me feel the same way as I now do about body shop/l'oreal.

Last edited:
Is this new? Did anyone realise this? Just googled their really big hutch and it now says "forsham cottage arks is a trading division of omlet limited". It doesn't change my view on the high quality of their forsham products, but I'm really disappointed :cry: It makes me feel the same way as I now do about body shop/l'oreal.

That's interesting....I found a 'really big hutch' on eBay used that was being sold by Omlet, but was too far away. I just assumed one of the owners had it and it was a coincidence!

Having just done a bit of rummaging it looks like they were bought in 2011 when Forsham went into administration :( I hadn't realised that Forsham went out of business...so in that respect I guess it's good that they are still going, I'm just gutted that the profits are going to a company who makes housing which IMO is so ridiculously unsuitable :(

They are no longer part of Omlet.

They were briefly bought out by Omlet after a very very difficult financial period (basically they went into administration following not paying their VAT etc during the bird flu scare period - and despite recovering and having a ful order book still could not satisfy VAT people quickly enough).

However Omlet have subsequently cast the original Forsham owners (Cindy and Rob) and staff adrift again (keeping their designs and making the website look as though they still use them). One suspects that was their original plan.

Cindy and Rob are now struggling to set up all over again - with the disadvantage that they are not allowed to use the Forsham name or all the designs which they originally designed and made . . .

I am currently having two new bunny 'luxury chalets' made by the people who used to be Forsham - and they have fallen over themselves to help and the quality is as high as ever. It is all handmade by just Rob and the person who used to be his head foreman.

If anyone wants anything at all bunny made to a fantastic standard by people who really care about quality then please contact them -

their website is a bit wobbly at present but they are trying very hard to get back into the market. They will make anything - its just that there's not a lot on the website at present - partly due to all the problems re Omlet copyrighting designs.

they are very very keen to get back into rabbity things -

http://www.granddadrobdesigns.co.uk

PS can you slightly amend or put an U/D on the OP title please in case people dont read this far and just see the title? Thanks

I'm so glad I posted this now Twigs, thank you so much! Such a shame that a good company have been dealt such a rough hand and have lost their respected brand and designs in the process :( I'm thrilled to hear that they are up and running again and able to make to order.

What a shame for the Forsham brand. Looks like they are now coming back fighting. Good luck the their new venture, the designs on the new website look lovely as well a well made. I take my hat off to anyone trying to create a new business in the current finicial situation. :thumb:

Back