• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit vets in Galsgow

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Hello, can anybody let me know if there are any decent rabbit vets in Glasgow that are reasonably priced?

Nowhere. I am thinking of moving there and need to know about vets, my buns are really going to determine whether or not I can afford to move. :) I will be moving to city centre or thereabouts if that's any help..I know Glasgow is a pretty huge place!

I use Bishopbriggs and Chryston vet centre and they are fantastic. There are a couple of great rabbit vets who are not scared to refer when things get tough. Floppy broke his leg on s Daturdsy morning, was an in patient till the Monday and it cost me £124 including X-rays. The standard consult charge is around £10.

If you moved just outside of Glasgow there is the ark vets, Madonna is excellant, and there is a practice in holytown and also coatbridge :)
Have a look on google.

I use Bishopbriggs and Chryston vet centre and they are fantastic. There are a couple of great rabbit vets who are not scared to refer when things get tough. Floppy broke his leg on s Daturdsy morning, was an in patient till the Monday and it cost me £124 including X-rays. The standard consult charge is around £10.

Ooo this one sounds brilliant. Sorry to hear about your bun, I hope he is recovering?

I shall also have a look at the Coatbridge and Hollytown ones! I am not 100% sure where I will be moving to or even if I am yet! It's something I want to do but where I move to will be dictated by local vets as I won't be able to afford a car when I move :(

Good luck with the move, if you need any info on glasgow, give us a shout..

Fee x

Good luck with the move, if you need any info on glasgow, give us a shout..

Fee x

Thank you, it won't be for a while yet but I really need to make it work and I can't be skint now I have my bunnies to think about! I will bring up these locations with my potential flat mate and see what she has to say! :)

Oh, are there any good bunny boarders in the area? And do Hay For Pets still supply to Glasgow? (May be a stupid question, I know!)

Yes , Hay for Pets do supply:thumb:

I am not sure now about Bunny Boarders as Aliduncan hasnt been keeping too well.... Will need to do some investigations as I am needing a boarder for summer time....

If you had indoor buns I would be happy to look after them for you, of you did come to Glasgow.
Would just need plenty of notice to make sure I had space at that time.
:lol: you could move into my building there's a 3bed flat to let, 5mins away from the hoytown branch, and 5mins away from the train station.
Itd be awesome to have a bunny neighbour :lol:
fee if you message David from fbrc he may be able to direct you to a boarder :)
Unless buns would be ok in the house, then ask me!!! :) I'll have them all!! But you might not get them back... ;)

I am still boarding because it is short term and actually is only needed for a few weeks a year. Most of the year I store hay in the boarding hutches!

Yay Ali!!,!, Fab news..... ooh a hay store for the bunnies to stay in........now that would be Bunny Nirvana!!!!

Great news Ali!!,!,

Fee x

If you had indoor buns I would be happy to look after them for you, of you did come to Glasgow.
Would just need plenty of notice to make sure I had space at that time.
:lol: you could move into my building there's a 3bed flat to let, 5mins away from the hoytown branch, and 5mins away from the train station.
Itd be awesome to have a bunny neighbour :lol:
fee if you message David from fbrc he may be able to direct you to a boarder :)
Unless buns would be ok in the house, then ask me!!! :) I'll have them all!! But you might not get them back... ;)

Haha, brill! If I was moving asap I would probably take you up on that offer of the flat :lol:
It would be awesome having a bunny person living right nearby! :thumb:

My buns are indoor too and will be when I move..I will never have them outdoor! I don't think I could cope without my babies hopping all over and causing havoc. As for you boarding them...I don't think it'd be far on you! :lol: Fiver and Xena are very norty bunnies and Fiver cannot be caged (he bar bites CONSTANTLY) and he is very very destructive and grumpy! :lol: I have said to my friends who offered to board them last year that I wouldn't let them as I think I'd lose my friends! :lol: The last time a friend minded him, he chewed his way out of the ROOF of an indoor run and escaped into the room...he shredded the wallpaper, carpet and chewed a hell of a lot of cables before being discovered! :shock: :shock:

Haha, brill! If I was moving asap I would probably take you up on that offer of the flat :lol:
It would be awesome having a bunny person living right nearby! :thumb:

My buns are indoor too and will be when I move..I will never have them outdoor! I don't think I could cope without my babies hopping all over and causing havoc. As for you boarding them...I don't think it'd be far on you! :lol: Fiver and Xena are very norty bunnies and Fiver cannot be caged (he bar bites CONSTANTLY) and he is very very destructive and grumpy! :lol: I have said to my friends who offered to board them last year that I wouldn't let them as I think I'd lose my friends! :lol: The last time a friend minded him, he chewed his way out of the ROOF of an indoor run and escaped into the room...he shredded the wallpaper, carpet and chewed a hell of a lot of cables before being discovered! :shock: :shock:

I wouldn't mind, I has a parsley to contend with!!
And I don't have any of my buns caged so he'd have a full room to himself basically. With it bunny proofed.
(not near my buns but the spare room :) he sounds like he'd be fun to look after :) )
I can never be angry at a bunny, they're just too cute/funny.
If you need me to I can keep an eye out for places. But im sure you have it sorted yourself :) what would you be doing workwise?

I wouldn't mind, I has a parsley to contend with!!
And I don't have any of my buns caged so he'd have a full room to himself basically. With it bunny proofed.
(not near my buns but the spare room :) he sounds like he'd be fun to look after :) )
I can never be angry at a bunny, they're just too cute/funny.
If you need me to I can keep an eye out for places. But im sure you have it sorted yourself :) what would you be doing workwise?

:thumb:

Not a clue atm. I have a job here, it's just a part-time job but it's better than nothing. I suppose it'd be a case of going on the dole until I find work, but there are a hell of a lot more jobs in Glasgow than here and I'm sure I will find something to tide me over. :) Like I say it's not even gone into motion yet but I need to have everything sorted before I even start looking for a place. I want to save up some money, just in case of unexpected vet bills. Fiver is a dental bun and he doesn't deal well with a GA so need to make sure I find a vet I trust and can afford. The buns are my number 1 concern and I wouldn't even think about moving until I KNOW I'll be able to give them everything they need/want.
I'm glad there are vets in the area and potential boarders as well as other bunny people in the area just in case I need to find out something quick. :) This has made me feel a lot more comfortable about moving up there.
I know that if I stay here, I will be stuck in the same dead end job with no prospects of moving out and striking out on my own.

Back