• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie is humping Harriet!

bethepoet

Mama Doe
I don't know why?

We were told he is neutered so I can't say for sure, but we've never seen any plums on him. He's been bonded with Harriet (she's spayed) for nearly a year now, and this has never happened. She's the dominant one and always has been. She doesn't seem too fussed by it, she just runs away but she did nip him last time.

We increased their pen size and downed the amount of pellets they get at the beginning of this week, is that why this is happening? And how can I stop it?

Could it be Spring Fever? Boris started getting hormonal as early as January last year, and would hump his wife quite frequently. He had been neutered for 4 and a half years.

Could it be Spring Fever? Boris started getting hormonal as early as January last year, and would hump his wife quite frequently. He had been neutered for 4 and a half years.

Ooooh. Yes that would explain it, don't know why I didn't think of that :lol:
I suppose I just thought he was neutered so that would affect him.
It'll also explain why he's being aggressive towards OH.

Hi

Charlie recently spent a day humping Shimmer about a week or so ago, then never again since. They've been bonded for 9 months and obviously neutered/spayed.

I thought they'd fallen out but someone on this forum told me about spring fever. It never happened again so that's what I put it down to. This could explain your boy's behaviour.

xx

I've never experienced it!

Neither had I really, not until I suddenly had a pair of bunnies instead of two singles! They were going crazy last Spring, I was actually a bit worried I'd have to seperate them....it lasted for 2 weeks I think, then they were both back to normal. There was never any aggression, just some very strange things going on (like my neutered male making very loud buzzing noises, I'd never heard him do that before ever :shock:)

Back