• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fifi: p.72- Summary of vet consult

Bink

Mama Doe
Fifi has been admitted to the vets for tests - distended abdomen - she isn't eating, doesn't seem to be weeing or pooping today (I think the majority of what had been in the litter tray this morning belonged to George). Vet said it seemed like she was in pain and we are looking at:

1) Stasis
2) A blockage (?fur/something worse)
3) Cystitis

They have given her fluids and are planning an x-ray. I just feel totally broken. She was so ill last summer and she bounced back remarkably, can I really hope for such an amazing outcome again? She is a fighter, I just hope she can get through whatever this is.

Would really appreciate some vibes for my little Fifi and George who has come home with us so that the vet can monitor wee and poo output more accurately, I'm sorry to ask :cry:

Last edited:
Lots of vibes being sent for Fifi.
Hope George won't be too lonely - they will obviously miss each other.:(

Thank you all for your vibes - her tummy is full of fluid, suggesting it's a blockage, they're taking her into theatre now. xx

It's some kind of hypertrophy... vet has asked what we want to do.. has anyone got any experience with this in the gut?? She has survived the op but vet isnt sure she will survive the night.... and if she does, whether it is fair to continue. It will likely regrow. i am totally in pieces

I'm so sorry. I don't know that name, but am sure someone on here will. Sending lots of vibes, and thinking of you and George at this worrying time. xxx

Don't know Jane, she didnt say so but has biopsied it. What does it mean Jane? We were with a somewhat non rabbit savvy vet when she was spayed before moving over to Mrs Ford

Don't know Jane, she didnt say so but has biopsied it. What does it mean Jane? We were with a somewhat non rabbit savvy vet when she was spayed before moving over to Mrs Ford

Hypertrophy basically means that the cells of a particular body structure have become enlarged.

There are several possible causes which is no doubt why the biopsy was taken xx

I am SO sorry - she really is in the best hands - why not let Fifi make the decision? If she survives the night there may be months before the next one?

We were told 2 years ago to take Parsley home and 'enjoy him for the few days r weeks left' . .. he very sadly passed on earlier THIS week.

I am SO sorry - she really is in the best hands - why not let Fifi make the decision? If she survives the night there may be months before the next one?

We were told 2 years ago to take Parsley home and 'enjoy him for the few days r weeks left' . .. he very sadly passed on earlier THIS week.

Think you're right Twigs, she will tell us tonight what she wants to do. We will fight for her as long as she wants us to xx

Back