• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Belgian Hare Love

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
Just curious whether anyone has ever successfully rehomed a Belgian Hare? I fell in love with them when I got mine (though she's a cross - personally I think a Belgian mated with a squirrel and toasty was the result) and I search the rescue forums for them occasionally (just to go, 'ooohh I wish I could have this bun!' rather than actually adopt as I'm not in a position to at the moment).

I'd like to rehome one one day, but from the looks of it, they only pop up as surplus breeder stock.

Does anyone have one, or has had one? Here's a picture of my little horror (I have no good photos of her as she's too quick) :)

620341_10150995260902671_83819003_o_zpsab418c64.jpg

There have been a couple...but like most of the 'rarer' breeds....they get snapped up pretty darn quick. Toasty is gorgeous btw :wave:

i know of a couple that have been rehomed form the rabbit crossing and they are AMAZING! i had the privledge of meeting them too:love:

She's lovely :love:

Here's my Boris, my sister found him wondering about her drive/street and after a few days called me and I went over and we caught him, this was over a year ago now :love:

temporary-183.jpg

temporary-136.jpg

There is a lady that one might say is on the cusp between rescue and breeder she takes on unwanteds and neglected 'hares' and does not breed from them (as they are from unknown backgrounds in terms of breeding or ill). She finds finding onward homes for those ones very hard as they are generally very flighty - so there is a pool of Belgian hares out there needing help.

At present she has quite a few in need of homes (NOT her ex breeding stock).

( PLEASE do not start arguments here as I am very very aware of the conflicts in what she does and it is NOT me and it is not someone I am close with - I just know of her and have talked to her so am passing this on).

There is a lady that one might say is on the cusp between rescue and breeder she takes on unwanteds and neglected 'hares' and does not breed from them (as they are from unknown backgrounds in terms of breeding or ill). She finds finding onward homes for those ones very hard as they are generally very flighty - so there is a pool of Belgian hares out there needing help.

At present she has quite a few in need of homes (NOT her ex breeding stock).

( PLEASE do not start arguments here as I am very very aware of the conflicts in what she does and it is NOT me and it is not someone I am close with - I just know of her and have talked to her so am passing this on).

I think I know who you mean :wave: DEFINATELY not you :lol:

God I'd love a BH, though I am not getting anymore buns, I am definately really not getting anymore buns.

Back