• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prudence has been admitted, no idea what's wrong

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:( Prudence is very special to me as I have had her since she was 6 months old and is now coming up to 8 years. She is my last original bunny from before Rainbow Rabbits and I have had her longer than I have known Steve!

Today we got concerned because because she wasn't eating her hay, which she loves. At tea time she was trying so hard to eat her food but wasn't picking any up at all. So we got her an appointment for the morning but later she was hunched up and her breathing looked wrong.

We got her an emergency appointment straight away but the vet couldn't find the cause of her problems. She is dehydrated but shouldn't be as she drinks a good amount. Her teeth look ok and it isn't presenting as a normal dental issue but as she sat hunched on the table she was holding her head up at a strange angle, which neither us or the vets have seen before:?

She has been admitted for the basic meds and fluids. Tomorrow they are starting with bloods. If they are no help then she will go under to check her teeth properly - last time she needed a dental nothning was apparent until she was under GA, but she acted very differently then. If her teeth are ok, then it will be x-rays.

Prudence has slowly been getting more frail. The arthritis in her hind legs is getting so much worse and she is unable to keep herself clean. Last bloods showed her immune system doesn't work properly and indicated a possible bone marrow problem, but we were limited in how much further we could investigate this.

I am dreading the vets ringing tomorrow, and this after a stressful day of waiting for the phone to ring as little Prince charming was being castrated. He is fine though.

Also worried about Bruce, they are a devoted couple, he wouldn't eat because she wasn't moving. However he is still here with us as a trip to the vets overnight would probably cause him to go into stasis. I hate to think how he will cope if anything happens to Pruudence.

I know I don't know you but I know how I would feel if it was mine so everything crossed for you :wave:

Sorry to hear that Prudence is struggling. Sending healing thoughts and (((((vibes))))) for her.

Poor Prudence. :( I know it will be a long day tomorrow waiting for news from the vet but hopefully they can work out what's troubling her.

Sending loads of vibes for Prudence. xxx

I hope the vet can find out what's wrong with her. Thinking of you all. x

EC? Malteser held his head back and breathed in a strage way, possibly mouth breathing. Good luck with it all xx

Sending (((((((((((((((((((((((((megavibes))))))))))))))))))))) for Prudence, Bruce and you.
I was hoping for an easier start to 2013 for all of you. :( I pray it's something quickly and easily sorted and that she's back with you soon. ((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

Back