• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

£40 at vets :(

Thunders_Mum

Mama Doe
Got home a couple of hours ago and noticed bunsters eye was half closed and looked sore and my mum said she accidently kicked him so I rang vets to get him checked out. No real damage so the vet gave me some eye drops for him and it came up to £38 :shock: couldn't believe the price but obviously relieved bunsters ok.

Got home a couple of hours ago and noticed bunsters eye was half closed and looked sore and my mum said she accidently kicked him so I rang vets to get him checked out. No real damage so the vet gave me some eye drops for him and it came up to £38 :shock: couldn't believe the price but obviously relieved bunsters ok.

Just a consultation at my vets is £33 or £34 I think. Glad he is okay :)

Consult is a bit cheaper here, but even fairly basic injections soon bump up the bill to between £30-£40.

Hope the drops help your bun. Does he sit nicely for having them done?

£20 for a consultation here! we paid £52 for them to have some mites treatment last month :shock: it included consultation and teeth burring for nibbles though

Consult is a bit cheaper here, but even fairly basic injections soon bump up the bill to between £30-£40.

Hope the drops help your bun. Does he sit nicely for having them done?

He was good with the drops but as soon as the vet went to check his teeth he started growling and rolling round the table lol bless him

I actually love taking Thor to the vets... It's the only time I ever get cuddles! :roll:

Not sure how much my vets charge for a consult, I paid about £14 for a hammie consult the other day though.

Meds are pricey, Lavender's Glaucoma eye meds come to £50 per month and that's at the RSPCA clinic! Just rescued a giant out of terrible circumstances (he was underweight by 1kg minimum and severe ear infection in both ears) and the bill was £227. I think the C&S was £100 on its own though.

Hope your bun will be ok :love:

My rabbit George is spending all day at vet's today. They are going to sedate him to check his back teeth (he hates being picked up and actually bit the vet on Saturday) and shave his bum. Dreading the bill already. :(

I actually love taking Thor to the vets... It's the only time I ever get cuddles! :roll:

Not sure how much my vets charge for a consult, I paid about £14 for a hammie consult the other day though.

Me too! Thumper actually dives into my coat to hide "if I can't see her, she can't see me" type thinking I think, bless her. Recently she practically crawled all the way around to my back - the vet had to help me get her out else I'd have dropped her :lol:

A basic consult at our vet is £26 and it just goes up and up and up from there really ... :roll: :lol:

To be honest I did get a few snuggles and kisses when the vet went to get the light to see his eye. Usually he growls at me lol

Back