• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long to wait to bond 2 previously seperated brother rabbits after neauturing

beth27

New Kit
Hi everyone!

I would like some advice with regards to my 2 lovely buns. They are brothers that I had to separate a month ago due to them getting very aggressive with each other and fighting. They are both getting neutered tomorrow and
I wonder when I should start the re-bonding process? Straight away (as I have read on another forum) or after a few weeks when their hormones have settled down? Has the month separation pre-op mean they are less likely to bond? Also I have read that during the bonding process it is best to leave them together and not separate them again until they are bonded… Would you say this is the best method?

Many thanks for you help.
Beth
:love:

As they were becoming aggressive toward one another it will be best to wait the recommended time ie 6 weeks in order to allow hormone levels to subside. Then you will have a better chance of being able to bond them.

When I bond rabbits I put them together in a smallish space and, if there is no fighting, leave them together without separating. You will have to keep a careful eye on them for a while and if you have to go out it would be best to separate them initially until you are pretty sure thy won't fall out. Good luck with their neutering and hope they bond easily.

As they were becoming aggressive toward one another it will be best to wait the recommended time ie 6 weeks in order to allow hormone levels to subside. Then you will have a better chance of being able to bond them.

When I bond rabbits I put them together in a smallish space and, if there is no fighting, leave them together without separating. You will have to keep a careful eye on them for a while and if you have to go out it would be best to separate them initially until you are pretty sure thy won't fall out. Good luck with their neutering and hope they bond easily.

Hi

Thanks so much for your reply! The vet told me to start the bonding as soon as possible, but I will take your advice as you're a rabbit owner so trust your experience! Many thanks again!
Beth

Back