• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly has been spayed/ need some advice.

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
Today I will be disinfecting the cat carrier and putting a blanket down in it. Then tomorrow I pack a lunch for her and drop her off at the vets. Then at home I clean and disinfect her cage and all items in her cage. Is there anything else I should do??

Last edited:
Seems fine to me - did exactly that with both Harley and Holly. If she is a bottle drinker you might want to give her a bowl of water as well when she gets back - mine both preferred the bowl when recovering (easier to drink from).

Mine didn't eat much for the first 24 hours and then only hay - took a good 48 hours before they started being interested pellets and treats. And try not to let her worry at her stitches. And check with the vet about pain relief - it may be worth bringing some home with you just in case.

It's a worrying day - don't envy you - but am sure everything will be fine.:thumb:

Hope she is ok :wave::wave: I'm mega worried about Buttons going for her spay in a couple of weeks. I know it's 'better' for her but I am worried because of hers and Nibbles bond. :(

Dropped her off an hour and a half ago, and the vet nurse said it was a quiet day for operations so she will be seen pretty quickly. I am really weepy about it for some reason. Can we have some vibes??

Sending positive vibes. Cookie was fine; no nonsense and quick recovery so I'm sure she'll be fine. She took water from a bowl and had some parsley the same day. She was kept quiet over the weekend in the kitchen (she is an outdoors bun) and had her little heated snuggle safe to comfort her. Best wishes, :love:

Awww - so pleased you had that good phone call - it's such a horrible day, waiting around for the call. Pleased she is okay!:thumb:

She is home, in her cage and really tired looking. As soon as she was in her cage she went for a drink of water. And she has food in there for her and comfy places to sleep.

She is home, in her cage and really tired looking. As soon as she was in her cage she went for a drink of water. And she has food in there for her and comfy places to sleep.

Fab news <3 Pumpkin was really mental and active! Went straight for the hay!

Glad everything went well :love:

Fab news <3 Pumpkin was really mental and active! Went straight for the hay!

Glad everything went well :love:

Milly has eaten a 2/3 of the greens we put in. But she has drank her whole bowl of water so expecting her to go to the toilet anytime soon. I am glad Pumpkin is good.

Back