• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else's excess rocketed??

carolebe

Warren Scout
Hi

I've had my eldest male since he was a baby & he's 5 now... he's been insured with petplan from day 1. He suffered quite bad with gut stasis from his first birthday & had to be hospitalised twice before I started to recognise the symptoms & treat him myself. Not claimed for him for the last 2 years & his excess has ALWAYS been £55. Got my rescue lady a year ago & her excess was the same. She had a nasty abscess due to a bite from him while they were bonding which had to have lots of antibiotics followed by an operation to remove it when it became walled off. This is the only claim I've had for her.

Just got a new rescue bun over xmas & he's the standard £55. Renewal has just come through for my other 2 & not only has the monthly amount increased by approx. £6 per month Alfie's excess is now a staggering £90 & Peggy's is £75?!?

I rang to query & was told all excesses have gone up but Alfie's was higher & also the reason for the increase of £6 per month was due to Alfie now being 5 so therefore more prone to things!

I was gonna put the approx. £40 to one side per month & let it mount up but I couldn't sleep knowing they weren't covered (even though I'd sell a kidney if it meant treating 'em LOL!)

is it just me or have they got us over a barrel? I know I can't go elsewhere as they are both classed as having pre-existing conditions so alternate insurers would be through the roof if they even covered me at all. I'll continue to pay I know but doesn't mean I can't vent about it! :evil:

Yup, Poppy's excess went up last year when she hit 5, I can't remember what it is exactly but about £80-£90 I think (I have claimed quite a few times for her) and I think I pay about £18 per month for her. She isn't even covered for teeth as that was pre-existing.

The other two are still about £13-£14 per month I think with the lower excess (I can't remember what).

I feel like I pay out a fortune but it's worth it for the peace of mind. Not getting Poppy covered from the beginning is my biggest mistake, I have spent a fortune on her teeth over the years.

One of mine Parsley who will be 5 this year has gone upto £75
Violet who is 5 this year is still £55
Hatter who is 2 is £55
And my little smudge who passed away last tues would have been 7 this year had just gone up to £100
And my premiums are now roughly £50 a month

Back