• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Considering a Trio - confirmed

Alvins mummy

Mama Doe
I've already found a wifey bun for Alvin that we bring home in 3-4 weeks but they also have a little REW that's up for rehoming and she's pulling on my heart strings. She was the runt of a litter and is very small and has some sight problems, they don't think she is completely blind.

The rescue will help with introductions and give me guidance for continuing but they're hours from me so I'll need to do the bonding myself as its not practical for me to drive down several times.

I've found the info here about bonding a trio and I know I have you guys for support and help also.

I don't see that 3 is that much more work than two, am I wrong?

Can I have some encoragement, words of wisdom please?

Last edited:
I think as long as they all bond well then go for it :)
I would :)

The other two will help her manage to get about with her sight problems.

She's Ola's baby, isn't she.

This is a relative who copes very well!

44A27EA4-93EB-4164-B1D8-BB76E85291E8-479-000001893EF62F93.jpg

Last edited:
Aww cute pictures. They have sight issues too?

The plan would be for them to be house buns. Do you think that would be okay or would she be better with less space?

The fluffy one at the back has sight issues, she's a REW, but is the dominant one and runs around no problem. I've never really found lack of sight a big problem in rabbits.

I have a trio, and they get on fantastic! They sit together, groom and clean eachother. Originally I had two bunnies, but when Chloe died, I was left with Jesssica on her own. After a few months I got Lydia an Lucy, they were babies at the time and Jessica was about 4. I put them in with Jessica and they got on really well, I think the babies cheered Jessica up, I'm so glad I have a trio!

I have been dreaming of a trio :love: But I couldn't afford a third rabbit to vaccinate and stuff.

I think if you can, then why not :)

I had a rabbit with only sight in one eye and we werent sure how much sight that one had. Never had any problems with him, he could run up and down stairs quick as a flash and knew his way round the house, even though he was an outside bunny!

:love: too gorgeous and if you can handle the finance & have the space then why not get a trio! Plus being able to give a bunny with eye issues a forever home is very special !They are too gorgeous!:love:

Awww. Will be interested to hear how bonding a trio goes. Good luck and congratulations :)

Back