• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the healthiest bunny breed?

I've heard dutch are pretty healthy because they've got the same general body shape of wildies.

The healthiest in general would be any that are very close in appearence to wildies (except for colour, although I gues some white rabbits have sight problems). You can't really say mixed breeds or pure breeds are healthier because although a line of pure breeds might have a genetic problem, they could also be incredibly healthy and have no problems to pass on to future generations, same with crossing different breeds, you could be getting rid of health problems that are usually only in one particular line of rabbits or actually adding in problems

I would say dutch for the reasons stated above. Care diet etc is also a major factor, a neglected dutch will be less healthy generally than a well looked after rex/ long haired breed. (Not suggesting you would neglect btw)

Back