• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you guys use to clean out your rabbits?

i_am_tre

Warren Scout
Silly question I know :D

Basically, I have a shed now, before hand I would use this stuff: Clean n Safe to clean out the whole thing with hot water to help. Now because I have a shed its becoming increasingly hard (and not worth the money) to spray clean n safe all over the floor in the shed, then mop.

When I was at uni, they used Trigene which was pretty good stuff. I want something I can put in a bucket at diluted and clean EVERYTHING with, floors, bowls, crates, toys. you name it, I want to clean it.

Do you have any suggestions? I've read up on a few but they all seem to prevent certain things but not others, I want an all round preventer.

If anyone could give me suggestions it would be great!

I'd like to know this too!

I currently use clean & safe to mop my kitchen floor (don't mind using it for litter trays etc but like you say it doesn't go very far!)
:) x

Silly question I know :D

Basically, I have a shed now, before hand I would use this stuff: Clean n Safe to clean out the whole thing with hot water to help. Now because I have a shed its becoming increasingly hard (and not worth the money) to spray clean n safe all over the floor in the shed, then mop.

When I was at uni, they used Trigene which was pretty good stuff. I want something I can put in a bucket at diluted and clean EVERYTHING with, floors, bowls, crates, toys. you name it, I want to clean it.

Do you have any suggestions? I've read up on a few but they all seem to prevent certain things but not others, I want an all round preventer.

If anyone could give me suggestions it would be great!

If you want something that will kill all nasties have you considered a steam cleaner? They're pricy but once bought that would be it. My vet uses F10 I think which I guess must kill everything or they wouldn't use it! I don't know how much it is though.

Bucket of hot water with a squirt of bleach and a squirt of washing up liquid. Clean cloths / mops / brushes and rubber gloves to protect your hands. Does pretty much everything.

If you want something that will kill all nasties have you considered a steam cleaner? They're pricy but once bought that would be it. My vet uses F10 I think which I guess must kill everything or they wouldn't use it! I don't know how much it is though.
I did consider a steam cleaner and I brought one but it was ****, it didnt move anything at all and the steam wasnt really steam. Also, I dont have electricity in the shed (yet) so im a bit stuck there.

I looked at F10 too. That's where I got confused as it was in a comparison table of what it kills.

Hibiscrub - what they use in vets. You can use it to clean everything including wounds etc on your animals.
I'll look into that :) I was also looking for 'blue spray' that we used to use on the goats when we clipped their hooves if we caught the quick and on the cows when we debudded them. But I couldn't find what the real name for it was and googling 'blue spray' didnt help much.

Bucket of hot water with a squirt of bleach and a squirt of washing up liquid. Clean cloths / mops / brushes and rubber gloves to protect your hands. Does pretty much everything.
I have been using bleach too as that's what we used on everything when I worked at an animal sanctuary in Florida, it worked well but I seemed to be going through it like no ones business!

Back