• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got to have my bunny put to sleep later

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
One of the little bunnies in my signiture :cry:

I got home last night and Thistle was on her side struggling to get up, she was fine when I left for work yesterday morning, she was even chasing me for carrots. she has spent the night at the vets and there has been no improvement and they think it's EC, she is competely paralised it was awful seeing when I got home as she was flapping about trying to get up.

I spoke to the overnight vet who doesn't hold out any hope for her as they've given lots of diefferenty drugs to see if she gets some movement back, but she is the same as she was when I took, I'm waiting for the change over vet to call after they've done their morning checks.

She was a Kirby fosterer (who stayed forever) and came with her sister Bramble who died a couple of years ago, she will have been with me 8 years in June and now lives with Sparke and Bob as a free range house bunny (which she loved), Bob is really missing her already :cry:

From when she first arrived, after spending a couple of years at Kirby...I took her and Bramble on as they were "unhomables" and Kirby have a hard enough time homing the nice bunnies, let alone the bitey bunnies, but once used to me the biting stopped and they were two lovely bunnies :love:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...arrival-Bramble-and-Thistle&highlight=Thistle

Thank you, I am really sad, but she has been happy and I have to try and remember that. I have started EC treatment on Bob and Sparkle just in case they have it too :(

Just want to say so sorry to hear your news. I am sure she knows you love her, try and think of all the good times you have shared, no words will be of comfort to you now, we all know how you feel.

I am really sorry, what a hard day for you.:cry::cry:

This final act of kindness for our buns is so hard to see through.

Back