• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm a Rescue Bunny

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
I'm a rescue bunny..and here I sit

spikeb.jpg

My name is Spike and I was first handed into a rescue in 2008. I was adopted to go with another ex rescue bunny and our home was fantastic. Then gradually things changed and a year ago our owner gave us away :cry:
Our new owner was very excited to have us but a year later wanted us to go. We ended up back at the rescue that saved us the first time. My poor wife, Twindle, has had so many changes of home
She is beautiful..here she is with me

spiketwindle.jpg

We are now 6 1/2 years old..so not cute , fluffy babies. Our rescue will want to make sure any home offered to us can give us what we need.
Our rescue mum knows we will be overlooked while people all over the country buy dozens of baby bunnies from pet shops, breeders and have-a-go money-makers..she gets sad and sometimes angry.:cry:
Originally I was from a have a go money maker and my wife from a pet shop within a garden centre.
Our rescue mum feels like she has let us down as we are back here, but we try to tell her it's not her fault.
There are so many rabbits here all waiting for a home, many have problems but a lot don't. They are all living creatures who didn't ask to be born and are now unwanted.
Animal lovers reading this..please consider a rescue rabbit. by adopting from a rescue with high rehoming and care standards you will be saving the bunny you adopt and the one who can come into safety from the space you have made. You will not be lining anyones pockets.
I am a rescue bunny

Promise.jpg

I am a rescue bunny

Raindrop.jpg

I am a rescue bunny

moonshadow.jpg

I am a rescue bunny

sundance.jpg

and here we sit:cry:

I saw this on Facebook a couple of days ago, so very sad.
If I'd space I'd take them like a shot, the older rabbits are always overlooked and yet I prefer adults as they have a ready developed character and personality.

Thankfully they are safe, but it would be great if all these mature buns could get homes. As you know I have a soft spot for oldies.:D

Oh, they are all adorable. I know I love to see pictures of baby buns and get broody, but I would much rather rehome an older bun...So sad to see buns passed around ...it really isn't your fault, as even the best homechecking can not forsee everything. I can understand having to rehome your rescue buns if family have to move overseas, but just cos they get bored ??:evil:

Heartbreaking :cry:
Prayers for forever homes for all these sweet bunbuns. :( Just because they're older doesn't mean they don't still have lots of love to give...and receive.

:(:love: it is sad after 1 year they know their owners and come to trust them and then all grown up given away, its heart breaking.:(

At least they came back to you and not just dumped somewhere so thats a blessing really:love:

So sorry for all of the animals in rescue :( particularly rabbits as they are the most neglected and forgotten :cry:

This is heatbreaking :(

I wish we had the room to take Spike and Twindle :cry:

I have know idea how people can give up there bunnys. I would be completely lost with out my 2 x x

Back