• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

it breaks my heart

Neleh

Alpha Buck
Every time I hold Poppy, our new bun my heart breaks. I've just carried her to bed and am almost in tears. She is a rescue bun, she was a neglect case. They think the owners (I think they may have be prosecuted) may have picked her up by her ears, I'm sure the did the scruff of her neck as she flinches in that area when brushing or stroking her. As a 3kg bun it had to hurt either way! When I carry her she is so petrified, she pants, her lips get wet, she is so so fearful. :(
Thing is, she is beautiful. So pretty. And despite her fear, does she bite back? No. Poor thing cowers away. I told her I love her and will never ever hurt her. I just wish she understood.
Now I'm welling up.
I just don't get it, how could anybody hurt her? How could the neglect her? I'm trying to spend time in the run with them but mr snowdrop is a bit of a pain. She hides away and he comes to me, then goes to her, then comes to me. Then he gets humpy, she is too scared to move but wants to so I get out then. Same happens when OH gets in.

Awe......Poppy is lucky to have found you and she will probably slowly learn to trust again. She sounds very sweet.

Bless her. I'm sure you will gain her trust in time.

She is lucky to be with a caring owner now. :thumb:

Like everyone else has said, i'm sure she'll learn to trust you.:wave:
My Aunties dog is a rescue dog who was severely abused, he was beaten all the time and barely ever fed.
He's only learning to trust people now after 5 years of being with my Auntie, but he's a totally different dog.
As long as you can give her all the love in the world, she will get better.
She's extremely lucky to have a new home.

aaah bless her...she will learn in time that you are not a threat...I guess you can only continue to show her and spend time being with her.....she is so lucky to have found a loving home...

Sorry to her about your bun's horrible previous life :( she will soon learn to trust you though and she will love you like mad for giving her such a wonderful new life :love:

It will take time, but she will get there in the end..and it sounds like you have lots of love to give her. Thankfully she is now going to be a much happier bun..:love::love:

Awww poor little girl, well done for taking her on. Where did she come from?

Just seen you are in The Port me too :D

It is awful isn't it...see an animal in fear...but with patience and time you will get their trust. So pleased she is somewhere safe now away from hurt and pain.

Awww poor little girl, well done for taking her on. Where did she come from?

Just seen you are in The Port me too :D

Wirral and Chester RSPCA, they got her last July. She was on her own all that time at least, poor girl. Shes been so depressed.

Thanks all. Just so sad seeing her so scared just made me think about her past more. They said she is about 5 and i hate to think that half her life could be so tragic, she has to live forever now!

Fiver was this way. He was kept by one owner in a dark basement room by himself, the next owner had four little boys who would chase him and pull his ears. He was very touch shy and still is a bit to this day. I've had him for 5 years.
He will jerk his head back if I make the wrong move, but we just oink at each other. He seems to understand I'm not trying to hurt him, he just wants me to be careful around his face...and he's very conscious of your hands being too close to his bum. :lol:
But he has learned to trust me. He still likes his space to an extent, but his favorite thing now is to run about on my bed and then just lay down for a snooze a bit away from me and wash all my plushies while he watches me out of one eye. :)
His first relaxed DBF was scary for me because he went over like a ninepin, but it was so wonderful to see him comfy enough to do it. :)
He will allow holding and can sit in my arms for hours being fussed over, but he just doesn't like the catching part still. Can't blame him.

I hope your bun will find solace in your care soon. :) ((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) You obviously love her dearly and she will see that. :)

Bless her - her bad memories are still fresh but over time they will ease for her and she will learn that she is loved and won't be hurt again - you are both doing an amazing job - she is a real beauty and couldn't be in safer hands now x (Might have to pop up for a sneaky cuddle soon from your buns - getting withdrawal symptoms x)

Back