• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP little one

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
We picked up 5 8-10week old bunnies saturday from another friend who rescues but had no space,
3 from same litter mini lop cross dutch, from unexpected litter, wweek after they go the rabbit, Blue dutch split, agouti dutch split, black dutch split
A black mini lop 8 weeks old that someone had found and a blue mini lop that was being attacked by other bunny and had a bad wound to underside,

The little agoutii dutch marked bun never looked right, his eye were bulgy, and he was very withdrawn for a baby bun, and compared to his siblings and the other 2,

We kept a close eye on all the buns, and the following day he was still the same, although he was eating, yesterday, he had a very runny bum, we gave him a bum bath and kept him indoors with a heat pad, he was nibbling on hay and had drunk some water, his runny bum seemed to have passed,

I checked on him as I went to close up the buns and he was sitting like a dog with his head head high and tilted back, I got him out and his lips were blue, I knew this was a bad sign so we went to take him to the vets, within about 20seconds he was mouth breathing gasping for air, they became weaker and weaker,
I knew it was his time, so I held him, stroking him until he slipped away in my hands,

RiP lil one, you didn't even have a name, and your life was over far too soon,

We think he had pneumonia, that's what symptoms are suggesting, but all other buns are on strict quarentine and kept a close eye on.

Last edited:
Oh no...precious wee bub. :cry:
Binky free at the Bridge, sweetheart. Though it was all too brief, you have the loving memory of the ones who cared for you to take with you.
I'm so sorry (((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))) :(

Back