• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So now what?

Rufus

Mama Doe
Once more I find myself with a lone doe. (see rainbow bridge)
I moved the duo Sunday because their home would be flooded with the snow melting. Auryn spent the day hopping through my garden. Now Auryn went to rainbow bridge and Alexa is alone.
We had such great plans, we would start this week to make them a dream home.
I feel so sorry for Alexa, my OH says she will not die of grief, but I know she will miss him, they were forever cuddling.
I feel tempted to take her inside, but it will be too hot for her.
I just don't know what to do.
Rescues are full of does, some have a few bucks, but they are all tiny breeds.
I can easily get a young buck, but then there is the time between getting him and castrating him, which means they have to stay separated for a while and I don't have the space for that.
I didn't sleep much last night :(

and why, o why is this happening once again? Why can't I just have a couple that grows old together?

Sending lots of hugs your way - I'm very sorry to hear about Auryn :( Did Alexa say goodbye to him? Sometimes this can help ease things a bit for the bun that's left behind. You poor thing - just read on the other thread that it was your birthday yesterday too.

Maybe some kind soul would be able to point you in the direction (when you feel ready) of a rescue that has a variety of bucks, depending on where you are.

Again, so sorry that you lost your beautiful boy - take care of yourself, huge hugs and lots of vibes for Alexa xxx

Oh no :( I am sorry you lost Auryn (such a lovely name too) xxx

I hope you manage to sort something out soon :wave:

Back