• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

EmmaW

New Kit
:wave: Its a while since i have been on here. We lost our house bun 5 years ago and have just got another bunny family member. I spied him on a facebook selling page ( yes i know not exactly ideal :() however he looked so much like our old boy i had to see him.
He has been well looked after and is neutered and Vx'd so not really a rescue, his family situation had changed and unfortunately they could no longer keep him . I have been umming and ah-ing about another housebun for a few months as i have a toddler who is not mean or horrible however well he is a toddler and can have his moments. Decided to give the bun plenty of hidey places and he has a base cage with litter tray toys, food and hay in which i am keeping him when i cannot be vigilant about supervision between them such as mealtimes and first thing in the morning when i am trying to get ready its a homemade cube cage with 2 levels and ramps which is taking up half my kitchen he has plenty of space

He is a brilliant new addition to the family and i am so pleased we have him, however i have a couple of issues... he appears to adore my noisy smelly :lol: toddler. Actively seeks him out and was playing nose ball with him last night and lay down and stretched out in a little wheeled truck whereupon he was gently wheeled into the kitchen at bedtime to go into his cage, he was totally unconcerned just jumped out at the end of the journey demanded a fuss then hopped into his cage :shock: , he is friendly to myself and husband however it appears to be my little boy he adores flops down next to him and demands a nose rub at every opportunity. I am a bit worried about this, i supervise all interaction and never ever leave them alone , bunny has plenty of hiding places to get away and he knows where they are and also his cage is his away from small people however he just doesn't seem to want to. I guess I had thought it was going to be a slow process and had not bargained for rabbit adoring child scenario. I don't want bun to get hurt ( which would not happen intentionally i am sure) he just has not got any sense of self preservation seemingly. Despite me always being on hand i am rather :love::shock: about this child loving rabbit. He has grown up with a young family btw and the previous children were responsible for his care and feeding which i am trying to continue by encouraging my son to do little jobs like fill up water bottle and food and hay with me perhaps he just sees little people as food
The other slight issue i have is with my cat, the cat appears to be utterly terrified of him and rabbit will chase cat almost headbutting him. I am not sure if this means play or bog off in rabbit . I am hoping that they settle down as at the moment the cat has retreated upstairs to watch this strange creature from afar .
Am enjoying rabbit ownership again after so many years i have missed having one around especially the night time mad half hour of binkying and running round then a flop under the radiator for a snooze

Sorry for waffling on , i think i am a bit in love:love:
He is being a bit naughty about going back into his cage so am going to post in behaviour for advice i think, apart from being a stopout:D he is absolutely lovely and so friendly

Back