• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flynn's story...

This is Flynn. Flynn's story is long, so let me start at the beginning.

IMG_0195.jpg

Flynn was your typical pet shop bunny. He was seen as a cute baby and brought for the children. At first, he was the best thing the kids had seen, but as time went on, Flynn was roughly handled as the children were not shown how to treat a rabbit, and he was forgotten about. He went days without being fed, or given any attention.

These people moved house into a property where they were not allowed pets, so dumped Flynn on a friend - his second owner. In this home, Flynn was confined to a hutch in the garden and once again, Flynn was forgotten about. Once again he went without food, this time for week long periods. This person admitted to forgetting she had him. The second owner's friend grew concerned about Flynn's welfare and eventually persuaded her to bring him indoors. This time he only went days without food.

The second owner had a dog who mothered Flynn and the dog had at least two phantom pregnancies due to mothering the rabbit. The dog also guarded the people from Flynn which as you can imagine, was very scary for Flynn as the dog would stand over him and growl at the people to get away. As if this wasn't bad enough, the toddler in the home used to roughly handled Flynn and picked him up by the ears regularly.

The friends of the second owner begged us to help, which of course we agreed to. You may think Flynn is an older rabbit, perhaps 6+ just by looking at that skinny frame, poor condition and dull look in his eyes... well you would be wrong. This little boy is just two years old.

When the people left I had a good look over him. Not only is he skin and bone, but he is covered in running lice which was very uncomfortable for him. I held him close and told him everything was going to be ok now...

We are very lucky that Flynn hasn't gone into gut statis, and quite frankly how he hasn't is nothing short of a miracle. He wolfed down a big bowl of food and some hay. This little angel will be seen by our vet and we can do our best to bring him back to full health.

Once again, I am ashamed to be human. Flynn never asked to be born. He never asked to be passed around like an unwanted toy. All I can say now is that you are safe Flynn , and you will be for the rest of your days xx

IMG_0198.jpg

Oh Flynn :cry:

Such a sad story ,you poor boy ,but you have found your way to one of the good humans and you will be loved and cared for now.xx

Such a sad story - I have tears in my eyes reading Flynn's history, poor little thing.

At least he is safe now and will be cared for in a loving home, you're an angel xx

Oh bless you little Flynn... that wee story has me in floods of tears.... What sadness in that little face, I can only hope that the next part of your life isas happy as happy can be... Lots of noserubs...... xxxx

Fee xxxx

Just blowing my nose and wiping my eyes:oops:

So so happy he is in your hands and will get all the love he needs.

he is the same age as charlie, coluring and all-poor little soul, glad he is in good hands now!:wave:

Animals never cease to amaze me. Flynn has been through hell and had a rotten life, surrounded by people he couldn't trust. I have just been out to see him, he hopped over to me, lowered his head and let me rub him behind his ears. He enjoyed it so much he closed his eyes. What a special creature. We could learn a lot from these gentle animals...

Poor little chap...he must be so happy just to have some attention and a full tummy. So pleased he has now found a loving forever home. Just went to look at our lot after reading this...how can people treat these little ones like that? Really hate humans sometimes.

Right I am crying now.
People say to me that they could not do my job (nurse) but I know I could NEVER do what people involved in rescue do.
Thank goodness there are people who do it. I hope when I retire to help out at the local RSPCA- but what you do is so special. Lovely little boy :love:

Back