• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miracle cleaning product for bunny toilets and litter trays - just discovered!

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
I use newspaper in my litter trays now but before then I just put hay in and now have lots of stained litter trays and corner toilets that despite SCRUBBING with various products - never came 100% clean - there is always that white urine scale in the corners. WELL!! This evening I found a product bought for another purpose and thought I would try some - I poured a little in to a litter tray and only where the scale was, it foamed up! I left it only for a few minutes then with my usual scrubby sponge managed very easily to 'wipe' it all away! Three litter trays and 2 toilets now look like NEW!!! In the morning I am going to do lots more how exciting (or sad!) The product is concentrated and powerful so read the instructions carefully before use but it was purchased in Rightway DIY shop and it's called HG bathroom professional limescale remover (Hagesan blue) priced at £4.99 for 500 ml.
If anyone else struggles like me - it's well worth trying - :wave::wave::wave:

I used boiling vinegar its brilliant but stinks

I was about to say its cheap as chips too but thats just what it smells like :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Was so excited I should have said - it is a powerful corrosive substance and I definitely wouldn't use it regularly - But was thinking more that if anyone has litter trays or toilets that they have previously struggled to clean then this will shift the stains completely to enable you to use them again and then keep up a regular proper cycle of cleaning with hot soapy water or Miltons or whatever. I thought I would have to throw all mine out as they look unsightly (even if clean) now they look like new. I have rinsed them in hot soapy water then swilled with boiling water and very pleased! Hopefully with using newspaper now it won't happen again for a VERY long time if at all.

It was because I couldn't find white vinegar in my local Morrisons today that I resorted to having a go with this stuff!

Sounds good :)

If you clean your litter trays with white vinegar and hot water once every week or 2 from now on you won't get that build up again :D

I have used something similar but get very worried about the corrosive content of it - so just buy new litter trays every time they are on special offer (at £3 or £4 its really so much easier!)

Is it better than vinegar? I just use the Asda smart price vinegar :oops: Is it from the place next to Aardvark?

The brown stuff????? lol ! thought it HAD to be white vinegar!! Yes i got it from there but it's closed down now - there's one in Eastham - if you want to try a bit let me know I only opened it this evening!

The brown stuff????? lol ! thought it HAD to be white vinegar!! Yes i got it from there but it's closed down now - there's one in Eastham - if you want to try a bit let me know I only opened it this evening!

Yes :oops: It works really well though just have to do it on a Sat morning when OH is at work so he doesnt complain about the smell

I use the 13p a bottle brown stuff :thumb:. Works a treat. Just do it outside to dissipate the stink:lol:.

Oooh thanks for the advice, I'll have to see if we've got any. No vinegar here and a lot of litter trays with scaly rubbish that wont scrape off :roll:

Back