• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My experiment has ended...

Rufus

Mama Doe
It started so well, 4 bunnies bonded easily.
Then I rearranged their housing but the Widders always hopped back inside their old cage (which is rather normal) and little fights started. But I was faithful that it were only minor arguments. But then I discovered Rune was wounded, someone had bitten his thigh. So from then on no more free runnings for the four together. The widders could run free, the other ones only when I was around or they had to take turns.
But...my floor was full of droppings (which I could accept) and pee (which was/is disgusting). I know perfectly why they do it, but I cannot tolerate it. My room is not big but crammed and they peed in places I could hardly reach.
So yesterday I cleaned everything again and they now have turns running and playing in a panel run. Not ideal but I'm not into cleaning for hours every Saturday. In spring they will move outside and come next winter...we'll see.

It sounds like if you want to bond them you would need to do it elsewhere. It really is best in a completely neutral area and then really clean the area where they are going to live well so none of them think it is theirs.

What are their livng areas like? Could you bond as two pairs?

Back