• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the new piggy set ups

willowflower27

Mama Doe
IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

All three are identical this is hamish's does it look ok I will re attempt bonding eventually but for a temporary measure do you think they will have enough space

There is definitely enough space there for a single piggie. I would be careful with rebounding if blood has been drawn as this can easily happen again. Hopefully though you won't have any issues, piggies can be very difficult at times!

i'm slightly worried there might be something wrong with the old man as both hamish & fergus attacked him then went for each other after i removed him Angus is getting vet checked as they caught his ear and with him being 8 i'd rather get him seen (although he's quite enjoying being a single piggy i think very chatty today)

i'm slightly worried there might be something wrong with the old man as both hamish & fergus attacked him then went for each other after i removed him Angus is getting vet checked as they caught his ear and with him being 8 i'd rather get him seen (although he's quite enjoying being a single piggy i think very chatty today)

May I ask how old your other boys are? Quite a lot of boar trios have issues eventually or right off the bat in some cases. If your old man were being bullied for a while you will have noticed a big difference in him. No piggie in my experience prefers being alone but the right match must always be found, often this doesn't come in the way of boar trios. I know of some that work successfully but again it's all about personality and finding the right matches. If your younger boys are between the ages of 3 months - 18 months they could be going through a hormonal stage, in this case bonding all three will be very difficult, even two is tricky! I personally wouldn't put the stress on your old boy and I'd take him boar dating at a rescue to find his own friend, hopefully then you'll have more luck getting the other two to except each other.

Hamish and Fergus are 3 I think Angus is used to being on his own I've only had him 6 months when his previous owner no longer wanted him he didn't have much contact of any kind human or otherwise

Hamish and Fergus are 3 I think Angus is used to being on his own I've only had him 6 months when his previous owner no longer wanted him he didn't have much contact of any kind human or otherwise

It won't be hormones at 3 however introducing Angus to your other two is probably what has upset the bond. It's a shame that he hasn't had much interaction but I still maintain that the majority of piggies, no matter how old often thrive more in the company of their own kind. You know him best so it's ultimately up to you however I just thought I'd suggest it, most rescues offer bonding for piggies. Good luck bonding your other two and I hope Angus does fine at the vets.

Back