• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

gettin a new ted?

cm85

Warren Scout
hewwo buns! pudding here. i haff anuva kweshtion for yoo all.
my hoomins told me yesterday that i am gettin a new ted! i was very eksited. they sed i haff to go to the vets to get the new ted. aparently it wil mayk me hapyer and helfier? first i haff to see the pritty vet nurs to mayk sure i am big and helfy enuff.
BUT.. i overherded the hoomins talkin layter. the femail hoomin sed 'i no its the rite fing to do but he's so little. i'm goin to wurry so much!' and the mail hoomin sed 'i no, i worry too' and then the femail hoomin sed 'we needs to re-aranje his house so he can haff one level and mayk sure we gets pain releef' :shock:
so, wot exaktly does gettin a new ted entail?! i was eksited, now i am appley-hensiv.

I think Pudding, you need an older male bunneh to explain this to you. I am but a female hoomin.

Ummm...Spenser??? Morse??? Anybun???

Hewwo Pudding Bobby hear. I had a new ted a long time agos and hall i remember is my pet cawwier feld over when we was on ower way hom. my stoopid hoomin went rownd a bend two kwickly and i bumpt mi hed. but not long afta i met gorgy a bewtiful fluffy wite lionhead and we felld in luv so u wil be able to falls in luv wen you get a new ted. its a luvely thing fawling in luv it wil make yu sow hapy.

that sownds nise. the pain releef is maybe for the bumpd hed?

Er i cant wemember! Only fing is wiv theese hoomins is they get us a new ted then giv us a wifey. Dis is vewy puzzeling and cant figger it owt. I finks hoomins ar a bit cockide. They need weally to do a course on wabbits

hm. i woz hopin i cud choo the new ted. yoosually wen i gets a pwesent i can choo it. sumbun must no?!

plum? i lyke plum!

Now Pudding, I'm really really sorry but as no bun has told you the truth, I'm going to have to do it.

You know those fleshy ball bits near your tail? Those are what we nicely call 'plums'. In there, is stuff that makes you feel the need to hump everything, wee everywhere, and spray. It's fine if you are in the wild and can make many baby buns with all the pretty does, but we have a bit of a problem in the world with too many baby bunnies being born, and not enough lovely humans to take them on. So, those lucky bucks who are not wild and have been adopted by sensible humans, go for a procedure called 'neutering'. The mice vet will sing you a lullaby and when you wake up, all the stuff will be gone from your plums and you will be happy and relaxed and you won't always want to hump stuff. You still will, but the urge to do it won't make you fret as much.

Now, while this is all very scary, there is a hoppy ending (you will have to be a very good boy and ask your humans nicely about this). Most bucks, once they are neutured, get to live with a DOE all of their own! How nice is that? Someone to keep an eye on those pesky humans with? She will be pretty and lovely and because you will have no plums, there won't be any babies. And everything will be wonderful.

Good luck Pudding.

:wave:

Back