• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I forgot to do my Bunny Checklist before I left this morning

giddermup

Warren Scout
It seemed like any other morning when I got to work. OK, so snow is in the forecast. But it would start after I get home so I'm fine. I turned on the computer, dealt with a client, and clicked on Yahoo webcam so I could watch the buns. Just about had a heart attack when I saw Mokona hopping around the living room! Yikes! :shock: I forgot to lock her cage door! And she couldn't get back in because it always closes and she's too stupid to pull instead of push. :?

After spending a few comical minutes turning in circles and looking back in disbelief, I called my mom to see if my dad can stop by in a few hours on his way to work and rescue Prancer. No answer so left a message. What to do? Go home of course. There is no way I can even be remotely calm watching that train wreck happening. As I call my boss, I'm watching in horror as she proceeds to take over Prancer's cage, eating his veggies and generally causing mayhem. What is Prancer doing? Watching her in his calm gentlemanly way and letting her take over his universe.

I then flew out the door and spent a torturous 20 minute ride back home expecting the worst. I'd rather loose an hour's wages than spending $300 on a vet visit because she thought the pillow was tasty or Prancer dying of heart failure because she chased him to the point of exhaustion.

So I get home, run up the steps, unlock the door and open it. And what do I find?

Prancer looking surprised to see me home so soon.

And Mokona? She's sitting in her cage in her litter box calmly eating hay and looking at me like nothing was wrong in the world.

Me? I'm feeling like an idiot. :oops:

My mom told me she got my call and turned on the webcam to find Mokona chasing Prancer around. I walked in a few minutes later.

I bet they want to know how I saw them. I am an "all knowing" goddess in their eyes I bet. Yeah... I wish. :lol:

Now, I do let them out together in the evenings when I get home so I can make sure that Mokona doesn't harass Prancer. Mokona is just too much "bounce" for an elderly gentleman even though he loves her dearly. She knocks him onto his back as she binkies around the living room and steals treats right out of his mouth because he's a cautious eater and likes to savor his food while she scarfs it all down.

I've come to realize that she is the teenage daughter my mom cursed me with when I was younger. :p

Checklist: Water, water, food, food, hay, hay
And make sure that door is locked!!!!!

Wow! What a hectic morning. Thanklessness you have a web cam and that your mom went.
Did you tell your boss why you had to run home?:lol:

I did tell my boss. Prancer used to be her daughter's bun so he's special to her. Plus she knows how nuts I am when it comes to my furry children. When Mokona got spayed, she came to the office for 2 days because I was so worried about her not eating and possibly tearing her stitches.

Back