• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgh Petplan renewal letter came today

nessar

Warren Veteran
Was £18 or 19 a month (for two buns) with £50 excess, now it is £25.52 (for two buns) with £80 excess!!

I expected the premiums to go up, as I've moved into a more expensive area, but the excess increase is ridiculous! I just don't understand why they did it. I know Petplan say they don't up their premiums or excesses if you claim, and besides Annabella hasn't ever had a claim and she is also only 2 years old!

Anyone else have a massive increase?

Annabella has never been ill apart from an easily resolved respiratory infection once, and is in fantastic health, so I'm wondering whether I should just save the money each month now, if I'm going to have to pay the first £80 anyway. Although having insurance sure was fantastic when Barney needed £700 of tests, and I couldn't afford them if Anna suddenly needed some. Barney will continue to be insured regardless, as he has ongoing conditions that make it worth having the insurance.

Urrrgghhhh!

I would never be without my insurance -

Just today Pippin, who has never been ill in his life before, did something to his front leg an he had to have it xrayed - which, with the consultation and the pain killer and keeping him in for the day and sedation - came to £160 -

Had he fractured it - as they thought he might have done - it would have been a further c£250 for a complex op on a wildie humerus.

Parsleys excess has gone up to £75 from £55 he's never been ill apart from this week :/
Violets excess is still £55
Hatters excess is £55
Smudges excess has gone up to £100 I guess cos she's 6 yrs old :/

And my premiums have gone up from £38 to £52 for all 4

Out of curiosity just did a quote online for Anna, and it came out with £13 a month, which is about right, but only £65 excess. So how does that work?! I think I need to ring them up and see if there is some mistake with my excess, I just don't get how it can go up £30 in one go, which no explanation as to why.

Parsleys excess has gone up to £75 from £55 he's never been ill apart from this week :/
Violets excess is still £55
Hatters excess is £55
Smudges excess has gone up to £100 I guess cos she's 6 yrs old :/

And my premiums have gone up from £38 to £52 for all 4

Our excesses have gone up - and once they get to 5 years the excess goes up quite a lot every year.

I still think its well worth it - but then my vets are on the expensive side so it may be that in other areas of the country bills are not so high.

Its £34 for a plain consult here - so you only need one 'drug' on top of that and a repeat visit to see how things are doing and you are into insurance claim figures . .

It is strange, i took out a policy for afloppy 2 months before he died and it was £2.00 per month cheaper. I currently have free insurance for th bous but will need to get them insured.. Dread to think what they'll cost

insurance is a necessary evil but i think they relly take the mick and charge what they like on the day.

Our excesses have gone up - and once they get to 5 years the excess goes up quite a lot every year.

I still think its well worth it - but then my vets are on the expensive side so it may be that in other areas of the country bills are not so high.

Its £34 for a plain consult here - so you only need one 'drug' on top of that and a repeat visit to see how things are doing and you are into insurance claim figures . .

I totally agree I wouldn't be without it :) it's £29.95 for a consultation at mine for a. Bunny :)

I had my renewal the other week, Olly and Honey's excess has gone up from £55 to £75!!! :shock: I was horrified, i thought it would stay the same :? Was going to ring them but haven't had chance yet :(

I experienced the same recently. Erin turned five last year and her excess is now £90. Rudy is over five but I had swapped him from PP to P&H and back so his excess of £55 might be because it's technically his first year. I have 6 rabbits over 5 now so the insurance premiums and excesses will all go up within a bump in the next year :? P&H are taking the strategy of a percentage not covered as well as straight excess, a PP advisor told me this is what they do but they didn't it was an increase in the fixed excess instead.

I knew premiums would increase but I wasn't expecting it to the degree they have. I'm not cancelling though, I'm *in too deep* with 10 bunnies to take that gamble. For the last two years I've claimed more than I've paid in premiums .... Elijah alone has cost £1500 ish in one year, so more than I've paid in premiums for everybody.

Back