• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who has a pair of bonded males?

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
How do they get on? Are they more likely to fall out than girls. Anything you can tell me would be great :wave:

As long as they are both neutered then they may bond OK. I have always found bonding two compatible (personality wise) neutered males the easiest, easier than M/F bonds and MUCH easier than F/F bonds.

As long as they are both neutered then they may bond OK. I have always found bonding two compatible (personality wise) neutered males the easiest, easier than M/F bonds and MUCH easier than F/F bonds.

Thank you Jane, they are already bonded but not neutered yet ;) xxx

I have 2 boys... living with a girl. So easy to bond. :love: Boys are much easier to bond than 2 females in my opinion! Well that's just my experience anyway. :lol:

Theo, Tinkerbell and Hector. The black dutch Hector had also lived with another one of my boys Mischief in a trio with Tinkerbell but sadly Mischief passed away. :( Also before I took on Hector, Mischief lived with Tinkerbell and another boy, Jasper also at the bridge. :( So I've had 3 trios, all with 2 boys and a girl so 2 boys should be easy. :p

IMG_0060_zps0b8c4e98.jpg

I have a group of 6 boys, trio of boys and a pair of boys :) They get along just fine :)

Eta I also think they bond more easily and are more laid back.

I have 2 boys... living with a girl. So easy to bond. :love: Boys are much easier to bond than 2 females in my opinion! Well that's just my experience anyway. :lol:

Theo, Tinkerbell and Hector. The black dutch Hector had also lived with another one of my boys Mischief in a trio with Tinkerbell but sadly Mischief passed away. :( Also before I took on Hector, Mischief lived with Tinkerbell and another boy, Jasper also at the bridge. :( So I've had 3 trios, all with 2 boys and a girl so 2 boys should be easy. :p

IMG_0060_zps0b8c4e98.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous thank you :love:

I have two pairs of two boys (ie different pairs) as well as several trios of boysx2 and girl x1 and fours and above with mixtures.

Of the x2 pairs of boys they are both totally loved up and adoring of each other!!

Dill and Willow were originally a pair and were brothers. They fell out and wewre rebonded a couple of times but then did too much damage and were split up permanently.

I have two pairs of two boys (ie different pairs) as well as several trios of boysx2 and girl x1 and fours and above with mixtures.

Of the x2 pairs of boys they are both totally loved up and adoring of each other!!

Sounds like they are very happy :love:

I have had several male trios and pairs and they've got on fine. Way easier than females who will sometimes tolerate each other but never really bond (only talking from my experience of a big mixed group, not generally). Some of my boys have even chosen their own male partner despite there being single available females around! :shock:

We have two brothers and they are inseparable. They are just over 1yr old but have only just been neutered (when we got them). They love each other to bits:love:

I have two pairs of bonded boys. One pair , Willow and Clover are brothers, neutered and been together since birth, they get on just fine so I'm not sure if that counts really. My other pair Nori and Merri are not brothers, they were previously bonded to girls and since widowed. Both have neutered years ago and were bonded when they were 8&7 last year. So they both mellowed considerably. Well Nori has been mellow from day one but Merri was a grump. But they love each other and get one very well. They share food ok and snuggle and groom a lot. It was a slow free range bond with lots of supervision and at first they just tolerated each other but now they are like brothers. Both my pairs don't seem to mount each other either but there is definitely affection.

Years before I had my bonded boys I had two pairs of bonded girls, sisters and they fought like devils, even after neutering things didn't simmer down too much so i had to separate them in the end. So in my experience its been a lot easier with boys :D

ETA Nori and Merri are in the top left pic (Dutch and English cross) of my sig and the next pic beside them is of Willow and Clover (Chinchilla and Dutch). You can see how much they love each other :love:

I have a pair of bonded males.

It can be a bit fractus at times. They have the odd argument. But i find a quick time out from each other works (one in hutch, one in run for 20 minutes). They are then all loved up again and you'd think they'd not seen each other for years. I was going to sperate them but when they are apart they pine for each other and won't eat.

It's the old they can't live together but can't live apart either. Just wish they'd sort it out.

Back