• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Closed. Fundraising for Windwhistle Warren. U/D p 16 Feb

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
On the 2nd February I am going to do a table top sale at Elmley Castle village hall, near Pershore, Worcestershire. It is from 2pm - 5 pm. Come along if you get the opportunity!!!:thumb:

I'll be doing a tombola and also to attract people...............I will put on my bunny costume (not bunny girl costume), this is head to toe and was made specifically for me.:D:D:thumb: Now I haven't worn this for years and need some encouragement to get back into it.

Now what I'm asking is for at least 20 people to sponsor me, with all money going to Windwhistle Warren. I will post photos of me (at the event) later on that day to prove I've done it and how mad I can be!!!! Just post on this thread with details.

Payment will be by way of sending cheques, postal orders, or supermarket vouchers which can be used to buy much needed items, directly to Alice Chamberlain at Windwhistle Warren. Please PM me for address details.

Alice has not been well in recent weeks and has struggled on so this surprise will hopefully help lift her spirits and of course all the furry friends.

Thanks everyone.

Di. x

Last edited:
Thank you Tracy, Kermit and one of the family. It is appreciated.

I was at Windwhistle Warren yesterday and Alice showed me a rabbit that has recently been handed in by its owners. I've never ever seen such a matted bunny!!!!!!!!!!!! The dear little boy is going to have to be sedated by the vet to try and shave it off. The matts are so thick and hard they feel like a growth rather than fur. It spreads all the way round the bunny like a rubber ring. I'll post photos later on today.

This fundraiser is going to be even more needed now.

Thank you everyone in anticipation.

Di. xxx

Kermit, ideally everything should be sent direct to Alice at WW. I can pm you her address or you will find it on her webstie.

Bless your hearts.

This is the poor bunny who Alice has named Maxi Blue. He's in safe hands now.....thank goodness.

2013_012628jan20130032.jpg

:love::love:

This next photo shows the depth of the matting.:cry::cry::cry:

2013_012628jan20130026.jpg

This matting goes completely round his body. Rather like a huge doughnut.:cry::cry:

2013_012628jan20130029.jpg

This beautiful bunny is so sweet considering the discomfort he must be in. Heaven knows what his skin must be like underneath all this fur. Bless him,

Alice feels certain that Maxi will have to be sedated to enable the matts to be removed by clipping. Maxi also needs neutering and vaccinating.

I know Alice will appreciate every penny that can be raised to help this beautiful little fella.:love:

Last edited:
I'll sponsor you, you have to post piccies tho! I'd sponsor you regardless I just want to see! :lol:

Where do I send it?

I'll sponsor you, you have to post piccies tho! I'd sponsor you regardless I just want to see! :lol:

Where do I send it?

Thank you. Photos will be posted late Saturday night or Sunday.:thumb::thumb: Don't laugh though........:oops::oops:

Send it to directly to Windwhistle Warren please. I can either pm you the address or have a look on Alice's website for full details.

Once again, thank you so much.

Just getting ready to pack up the car and then off we go.

Weather is perfect so hopefully loads of people will come along.:thumb:

Piccies will be posted later. Watch out for the BIG bunny!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::D

I've been caught up in things and haven't posted the chewu, but it will be sent off on Monday. :wave:

Hi everyone,:wave: sorry I didn't get to do the update last night.

I wish I could say the fundraiser went well, but it didn't. Don't get me wrong there were some great stalls there with lovely things to buy and or win.

Trouble was only around 40 people in the entire time came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was there from 2pm when it opened until 4.45pm. It was dire.:(:(:(

The vast amount of £12.50 was raised to help Windwhistle.:shock::shock::(:(

Feeling rather deflated about the whole situation however it is £12.50 which will help a little.

I think it was down to the fact that other than a couple of posters in local shops, there was no other advertising. A really bad move in my and others' opinions.

Ho hum.......................here's the photos are promised.

Before........

2013_0202FUNDRAISER2FEB0002_zpsa61e5e13.jpg

Big bunny and beautiful bunny...Estelle. xxxx

2013_0202FUNDRAISER2FEB0003_zpsfcdde6b7.jpg

And during the event.....

You can play spot the people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013_0202FUNDRAISER2FEB0007_zps3463ffd9.jpg

2013_0202FUNDRAISER2FEB0004_zps4270fd19.jpg

2013_0202FUNDRAISER2FEB0006_zps954c5f30.jpg

I'm trying not to be disheartened and build up some motivation for the next fundraiser.

Oh well something is better than nothing.

Thanks for your support. x

I'm sorry the event wasn't more successful. :( Keep your spirits up, and here's hoping for better luck next time.

The bunny suit is superb, as of course is Estelle. :love:

Back