• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who was interested in an IP webcam?

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I've got one :love: I really recommend the model (D-Link DCS-923L). Setting up was a doddle, just had to press the WPS button on the camera and then the button on the router and run the software to register it. The picture received depends on your internet connection.

fbc147c5386e248843e9aad8c0738846.jpg

Nighttime

d062b71229071a83580b97ba76501ffc.jpg

Daytime

Has night vision and sound though I didn't use the sound. Got it for when we were away to check Smudge was eating. You can have it send you an email whenever it detects movement though I found that a bit iffy, sometimes it wouldnt register movement and sometimes it would send me an email when nothing had happened. Or it can send an email every so often. I had it set to every 15 minutes while we were away. I've now set it to send me an email every hour during the night so I can see what they've been up to. You can also connect to it via an iOS app, think they do an android app too.

It was about £80. About the price of an emergency vet trip for Smudge's stasis, my dad bought it for me though. It's my yearly present :)

Anyway I know cameras have been discussed on here before so I thought I'd let you know my experience of this model.

Oh exciting. I'm not very techical though, is it really that easy to set up. Is it hardwired to the router or wireless?

Oh exciting. I'm not very techical though, is it really that easy to set up. Is it hardwired to the router or wireless?

It works off the wireless so the only lead is the power lead. I'm relatively tech savvy but it was really simple. I got one a while ago but had to send it back because it wouldn't work, was extremely complicated. It would depend on whether your router has WPS though. I would recommend Novatech as I got both from them and they were quite happy to take back the first one when I had issues with it.

I made a thread about recording rabbits at night :thumb: but mine are in a shed :( no electric in there :( it looks fab :D

I have a TP link one which does night vision and you can move and zoom as well but it was about £140. I had problems with other makes so went with this one. Good to know that yours was easy to set up.

To strengthen our signal in the shed (we have electric in it) I used the powerline adapters and they gave excellent quality because it wouldn't work in there without them. They transfer the signal round the electrics rather than wireless.

Back