• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for a Bunny With Heart Disease

Hi,

I haven't had chance to come here for a while. Thanks so much Jane for this...the vibes seem to be helping :)...

... I'm pleased to report that Piccolo is doing very well. He's been on Fortekor for 3 weeks now and seems to have put a little weight back on. He was chasing Preya on Monday which is something I haven't seen in a long time.

Going back to the vet in a week for a 1 month check up, but, as far as I can hear, his lungs are clear. :) And he's eating well, although since I've been hiding his Fortekor in raisins he's lost his desire for raisins! Luckily it's not too hard to shove a raisin in the side of his mouth and wait for him to chew. :)

Awwwwww well done Piccolo :D :love:

Thanks - The force is strong in this one!!!!:love:

He was a rabbit skeleton with fur on 3 weeks ago - I was struggling to inject him with frusemide because he didn't have much flesh left on his bones to inject into:(

He's still boney - I can still feel his vertebrae and his pelvis - but there is a little padding there now and i can get a decent pinch to inject into. He's a very slight rabbit anyway so getting weight on him is always a trial, but I'm confident we can maintain him at a reasonable weight with help from the meds. :)

Thanks - The force is strong in this one!!!!:love:

He was a rabbit skeleton with fur on 3 weeks ago - I was struggling to inject him with frusemide because he didn't have much flesh left on his bones to inject into:(

He's still boney - I can still feel his vertebrae and his pelvis - but there is a little padding there now and i can get a decent pinch to inject into. He's a very slight rabbit anyway so getting weight on him is always a trial, but I'm confident we can maintain him at a reasonable weight with help from the meds. :)

I am sure he is feeling stronger within himself now and he is blissfully unaware of the fact that he has a poorly heart.

I am sure he is feeling stronger within himself now and he is blissfully unaware of the fact that he has a poorly heart.

Thanks, I'm sure you're right - now he's just thinking "why do these raisins taste funny, and why won't she let me spit them out?" - and he tries, he moves them around his mouth until they come out the other side :s

Barn Yard Bunnies
Sending millions of vibes for a full recovery for your Piccolo. Lovely name.

Glad he is improving.

Thanks - the name was given to him by Sooz in Sheffield who I adopted him from. Apparently it means "very small" in Italian so it suits him :) He's always been very small and delicate, We're just lucky that he is strong as well. I like to think of the instrument - a piccolo - such sweetness that comes out of such a small vessel :)

Hi, My name's Piccolo. :) Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers. :) :love:

IMG_0404.jpg

Back