• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dinner time

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
Do your buns know what time it is?

Mine get their pellets at 9pm and around that time they start circling their bowl!
On the off chance they don't, I almost whisper: darlings? and they come racing! It is so funny they know exactly what is coming.

They get a tiny grass ring when I leave the house in the morning and they have even worked out that when I am in the hallway applying my make-up, it means I will be leaving soon and I can see them, excitedly pushing each other out of the way, in the mirror.

Yep...so do my piggies. As soon as they hear me in the kitchen in the morning, the buns start running around and the piggies start wheeking. They do exactly the same in the afternoon and evening! The piggies make me laugh the most as they wheek as soon as I start chopping anything!

I don't know if they actually know the time, but my bunnies recognise the plastic Celebrations tin which houses their herbs - as soon as I even reach for it they start squabbling with each other to get the best position! :roll: :lol:

When they're out in the garden and it's time for them to come in for "tea" (pellets) I usually just call them by name and say "teatime" and they'll come flying up the garden like furry exocet missiles! :lol: :love:

Flo sits at the kitchen door waiting for me when I come home and then follows me to the fridge :lol: she knows where I keep her food and sits on the toolbox under the cupboard sniffing at the door on her hind legs, it's so sweet!

Lola jumps in to the fridge and tries to pull tub out with her veg in it. Then she sits at my feet and then goes mental when I walk to her bowl! :lol:

YES!! They know when its 7.45 am - if I'm running late they throw stuff in their shed to tell me 'feed us' and again, if they don't have their pellets by 8pm they start biting my furniture!!! They know when the microwave beeps that its dinner time - they get their pellets whne we have our dinner, and i always do our steam veg in microwave just before i dish it up.... they even know that i dish up the food in kitchen while john weighs out their pellets.... then they know i cross the room with our dinners and john gives them theirs, and they KNOW that tia gets her bowl first - we did it wrong way round once and they just sat there looking confused! they get annoyed when dinner comes from the front door (pizza hut) cos the timing is all wrong :lol:

(and actually, rupert checks that the oven is on as soon as they come in on a night time! if its not he comes to me, nips me, then runs to kitchen door!)

Do they ever!!
There round my ankles about an hour before dinner time, and if I'm sat down they will sit where there food bowl goes and stare at me.
Alice has even started stomping her foot when she wants her pellets :lol:
You could tell the time by them!!

I was ill in bed yesterday with a horrible horrible migraine. Around Ludo's evening pellet time I could hear him thumping in annoyance that I wasn't there...

Back