• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

So sad

ollyrayns

Young Bun
My lovely rabbit Jemima passed away today and we're both so sad.
She had a disease the vet said, she was only jumping for a ginger nut biscuit she found while I had the cupboard open two days ago.. I don't know what happened. The vet said he didn't know.
She's left behind her partner Mufasa and I'm scared as he's never been alone...
A swear word would be more suiting but god losing a pet is hard... :-(

:cry: I lost my little boy recently so I know exactly how much it hurts...although he had been poorly for a long time, nothing could've ever prepared me for it. He left behind a little wife who is now lonely and rather confused :(

Binky free little Jemima xxx

Thank you all a lot, she died very suddenly but her poo's she normally eats had been the wrong colour but I hadn't known as I've never kept rabbits before so I'm really angry at myself :(

I haven't felt this sad in a long time and I feel so sorry for Mufasa as I don't want him to be alone. God this feels ****** (sorry for swearing)

I don't want him to be lonely and sad and tbh she was such a lovely rabbit, she used to jump up onto my back and she'd jump onto my lap for a stroke where Mufasa was always very withdrawn.

Hindsight on her poo's makes me even more angry, I should have done something but didn't...

Thank you all a lot, she died very suddenly but her poo's she normally eats had been the wrong colour but I hadn't known as I've never kept rabbits before so I'm really angry at myself :(

I haven't felt this sad in a long time and I feel so sorry for Mufasa as I don't want him to be alone. God this feels ****** (sorry for swearing)

I don't want him to be lonely and sad and tbh she was such a lovely rabbit, she used to jump up onto my back and she'd jump onto my lap for a stroke where Mufasa was always very withdrawn.

Hindsight on her poo's makes me even more angry, I should have done something but didn't...

Don't beat yourself up about it. Everyone makes mistakes, and you can't know that she'd have lived even if you had done something about it. You did everything in your power to help her, no-one can know everything so don't blame yourself.

Sending hugs. x

I'm so sorry to hear abour Jemima.:cry::cry: These little animals really do touch our hearts.xxx

You're among friends who fully understand how you are feeling.

Take care. x

I'm so sorry :(
Please don't be angry at yourself, we can't know everything, the important thing is you are on here and have access to a ton of info to ensure mufassa is kept happy and well.
*hugs*
She will always be with you xxxxx

Thank you all again so much guys, you're messages actually bring tears to my eyes. It's really nice to know that everyone on here cares.

Mufasa is home now and he seems a bit quiet, he's just laying down in his cage alone and hasn't ventured out onto the rug where he normally sits... So worried about him now

so sorry for your loss. :(

don't be too hard on yourself. you did everything you could.

it's so hard losing them though, so massive hugs x

Back