• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Dudley Please - update post19

Jamie

Warren Scout
Please can i have all the vibes you can spare for my little man.

This morning he didnt run over to me like he does everyday and let me pick him up with a fight. He has just been sat looking said in the same spot.

he is of to the vets at 9.15.

AM so worried, i dont know what i will do if anything happens to him.

Thanks

XX

Last edited:
Update on Dudley

thanks for the vibes guys.

Dudley has gas. The vet put a needle in his tummy to release it. He has had pain relief and a gut stimulant and is going back tonight.

What could have caused this? he has had the same veg and food as always. he has had some spring greens and kurly kale. could that have done it.

is he likely to recover?

thanks

xx

Are you sure he put a needle in his tummy to release it or gave bunny some meds to move it :wave: I can't give my bunnys spring greens,broccoli,cauli leaves or they get gas so I just give them fresh herbs

Are you sure he put a needle in his tummy to release it or gave bunny some meds to move it :wave: I can't give my bunnys spring greens,broccoli,cauli leaves or they get gas so I just give them fresh herbs

from now on he will only be having herbs.

yes she took him out the back and put in a needle to relieve it. she said it hissed when it came out. he had the normal meds too.

xx

thanks for the vibes guys.

Dudley has gas. The vet put a needle in his tummy to release it. He has had pain relief and a gut stimulant and is going back tonight.

What could have caused this? he has had the same veg and food as always. he has had some spring greens and kurly kale. could that have done it.

is he likely to recover?

thanks

xx

Are you serious :shock:

yeah apparently. she said it was really distended. she is a really good vet, should she not have done this to my little man? x

It is certainly a very high risk procedure and I doubt it would be done unless the stomach was about to rupture, a last resort really. Has the Vet prescribed antibiotics ? Peritonitis is a real risk after such a procedure

It is certainly a very high risk procedure and I doubt it would be done unless the stomach was about to rupture, a last resort really. Has the Vet prescribed antibiotics ? Peritonitis is a real risk after such a procedure

oh ok. i dont think she has given anything else. i am taking him back tonight so will ask. my mum took him earlier.

maybe she got confused and that was an option if he got no better. xx

Back at the vets

Dudley is back at the vets.

They are syringe feeding him and giving him some more medicine to try and sort his tummy out. the vet said it was slightly better but not as good as she would have liked.

juat waiting to hear if he has to stay in all night.

So worried.

x

One of my bunnys has just been in the vets 5 days being syringe fed meds etc but they got his tummy moving again and he's back home now in my bedroom with his wifey :love: am sure if your vet nos what she's doing his tummy should get better with meds etc not sure about her sticking a needle in bunnys tummy tho never heard of that one :shock:

Thanks for all the vibes.

Dudley has veen moved to a rabbit specilist where he is getting round the clock treatment. The vet said he seems brighter and his tummybis slightly less distended.

He has been syringe fed ang given loads of drugs to make he is comfy and to get his tummy moving. He is yet to eat or poo.

Seems go be a waitibg game now. Any spare vibes would be great. My bedroom is weirdly quiet without dudley and his wifey bun teddy. X

Back