• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding two older males?

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
is it poosible to bond two males? biscuit, 3yrs, our newest rescue bun (I'm a sucker) mangaged to get down the bottom of the garden today,through the gate which was shut some how and ended up meeting fred who's 8yrs old, fred lost Molly earlier this year , we tried to bond him with harvest but he attacked her so harvest now lives indoors but today there was no fighting, each time biscuit went up to fred fred just ran off but he didnt try to attack, biscuit used to be bonded with another male which has got me thinking could this work? instead of bonding the three rabbits could I bond the two males instead? yes biscuit needs to be and will be neutured but after today I am wondering wther to try bonding the two boys,, what do you think?

Yes, apparently boys sometimes bond easier than gitls or girl/bond. Parsnipbun has a few boy pairs. Just go about it in the usual way ie small neutral space and you may be lucky. Hope so.

I would say as long as they are both neutered two males could get along. We successfully bonded two boys, but now the youngest is at the hormonal stage it causes problems with spraying & scenting, where as the older neutered male is fine. Once the youngest is old enough to be neutered we will try again with them together.

You have as much chance as with any other bonding.

The closest bond I have ever had was 2 older males. They spent their days cuddling. x

Of course neutering is a must!

Good luck. x

Back