• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cuddly Bunnies

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
They do exist but in my experience they number in the minority.

My cuddle bunnies are Mona, Nori, Orla, Bilbo and Snowy. I also get licks from Mona, Nori and Orla.

Elidore, Merri, Emrys, Maisie, Frodo, Clover and Willow however prefer to be left to their own devices with all four paws firmly on the ground. They are a mixture of too wild, flighty or grumpy for cuddles bless them. Emrys is king grump about being handled but he does come up and lick me of his own accord sometimes :love:

So which of your bunnies will let you pick them up for a cuddle?

Just to add I would never force a bunny to have cuddles and the majority of rabbits do prefer to be left in peace to be rabbits so unless its for health reasons I don't over handle any of them. I don't want to promote the idea of rabbits as cuddly toys or disposable pets :wave:

I'm afraid Spenser regards cuddles as a serious insult to his bunny dignity. I do pick him up most days, partly becuase I don't think it is in a rabbit's best interests to become unhandlable. The way his lordship kicks his legs and washes when I put him down leaves me with no illusions that the pleasure of a cuddle is mutual.

I'm afraid Spenser regards cuddles as a serious insult to his bunny dignity. I do pick him up most days, partly becuase I don't think it is in a rabbit's best interests to become unhandlable. The way his lordship kicks his legs and washes when I put him down leaves me with no illusions that the pleasure of a cuddle is mutual.

:love: He reminds me so much of Emrys' personality. Its shame Spenser does not like cuddles as he looks supremely cuddly and fluffy :love:

Poppy :) she just hates the initial picking up bit :lol: she will sit on your lap for ages though :)

Donny and Lola don't like cuddles:lol:

Leo hyperventilates when he is picked up and generally dislikes cuddles, he prefers fuss of the ground! He only gets picked up when his claws need clipping though.

If I'm sitting down, Rupert will jump on me, and let me cuddle and kiss him, he loves it, but only when he decides... i can pick him up and he'll sit for a little while,but if he chooses, he'll sit and let me stroke and kiss him for aaaaaaaages its sooooo lovely! he loves his whispy bits between his ears played with and its the only time he ever closes his eyes :love: he's a mummy's boy!

Ludo is fine with being picked up and handled, as long as it's not at the vets!

If he's not feeling energetic he'll usually sit still and be hugged for 5 mins or so, and covers my face with licks which really tickle.

He's happy to be snuggled up to on the ground for longer though.

As with all bunnies he knows how to say when he's had enough so I respect that unless it's important that he's held.

Bobo - well - not a chance we can pick him up - he's a little demon. But he loves his strokes and attention.

Harley - you can pick her up but she really hates it and struggles alot and she is so NOT a cuddle bun - occassionally submits to a stroke. She really is a snooty little madam (and she's mine and I love her to bits (secretly very proud of my independant little cow :love:))

Holly is a little tart and loves fuss and attention - doesn't like being picked up but once up is quite calm.

Haven't actually picked up Sheldon yet - could be fun! He doesn't sit still long enough for a stroke or a cuddle. He's still very young though so may turn into a cuddle bun.

Thumper had a specific time for "cuddles". 1st. thing in the morning it was a whisker kiss on my nose through the bannisters, but he was amazing at bed time. I would get a full facial "prewash" but I had to lie on the floor with him.

Benjie is nothing but licking. He waits patiently on my bedside table in the morning for me to wake up, then he's into bed in a flash for morning cuddles. Throughout the day he appears from nowhere "stroke me stroke me", then licks whatever bit of me he can reach. Same routine in bed at bedtime.

Nothing likes sitting on my lap :?:( Bengie lies beside me, so I've usually got a wet patch at the side of my trousers.:oops: If I've an old woolly jumper on with "bobbles" he'll carefully groom them off - no good for his tummy. He's one huge luvvabun. :love:

Loki is a complete snuggle bun he will spend ages sitting on me for snuggles... As long as he has come to me, if I pick him up its a slightly different story :lol:

Thor is learning that nose rubs are ok, not dangerous anyway snuggles would probably be met with the same disdain as a steak dinner! :shock::lol:

ive been blessed with mabel and sox whome loves cuddles, and the look on sox face last time he was at vets having cuddles from vet then sat looking over her shoulder at me, like he was quite proud :lol:

nibbles is ok with cuddles, not as muh as he used to be, buttons well youre lucky if she lets you stroke her :lol::lol:

Back