• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Faye is poorly. Furby too now.

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
When I gave the buns their morning noms Faye showed no interest at all and didn't move from her baby bath full of hay. I picked her up and she did kick me but seemed to be breathing faster than usual. She ran down the ramp into the run. I put some cauliflower and broccoli there to tempt her and came inside as some of my buns won't eat if I am watching. When I went out again she was buried deep under the hay. Got her a snuggle-safe to lie on and called my vet. The nurse checked with the vet who said I could go straight up - they know I know my buns.

Poor Faye has a chest infection. Had a baytril injection and one of metaclop to stimulate her appetite. She had to be weighed and is apparently cat size. I did ask if I needed to put her on a diet and the vet said she is not overweight, just very solid, which is what I have always thought, but wanted to check. At the moment she has a very thick coat so looks like a womble.

I have to give her baytril twice a day for a week. Furby is doing a great job of keeping her warm.

Any spare vibes for Faye - and that Furby won't catch it - would be appreciated. The bill was £52 and I am only working odd hours here and there at the moment so it is a real worry. Just hope Faye recovers quickly and that Furby stays healthy.

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for a speedy recovery. Also hope Furby remains well. They are such a gorgeous couple. Thinking of you too at this worrying time. xx

When I got back from Sam's (after having spent some special time with Rosie:love:) I fed the buns and Faye nommed her food happily:D Wonderful stuff metaclop. Will put a snuggle safe out for her before I go to bed tonight. She has loads and loads of hay though and Furby doesn't get cold.

Thank you all for the vibes. I will try and take some photos of Faye tomorrow. She really does look like a large white snowball at the moment.

Faye was nomming hay when I went to give her her brekkie earlier. She really struggled when I brought her in for her baytril but got some herbs (reduced in Asda at 1.00 am this morning) for a treat after so I think she has forgiven me.

She seems much livelier today. Am just glad my vet let me take her straight up so she didn't have the opportunity to get worst.

Thank you all for the vibes. Am keeping an anxious eye on Furby hoping he doesn't catch it.

Furby wasn't interested in his brekkie this morning and was sitting hunched up looking very sad:cry: Faye nommed her breakfast - and Furby's too.

Took Furby straight to the vet and he too has a chest infection. He had a baytril injection and one of metaclop too. Now I have two bunnies to medicate twice a day. Just hope it doesn't spread to the other buns. I can't move the hutches as they are far too heavy for me - and I have nowhere to move them to anyway. My back yard is full of bunnies:D

Any spare vibes for Furby would be appreciated. He was so good at the vet. Just sat there and let the vet look in his mouth (as I thought he may be due another dental). Then he put his two front paws on my tummy (plenty of room there) - I meant Furby, not the vet:oops: - and let the vet inject him.

On a more positive note, Faye is back to normal now - bouncing and nomming as usual. She weighs
3.8 kg and Furby is 2.8 kg. Furby has put a little on but that is good as he lost some before and after his last dental. I like him to have a slight surplus because he is a dental bun and it takes him ages to eat properly after a dental.

The vet is happy with both their weights.

Loads of vibes for both your poorly buns. Glad you caught it early and that Faye seems to be on the mend already :wave:

Back