• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Come to the Rescue!

RosRWAF

Warren Scout
It is at this time of year that rabbit rescue shelters can really struggle as they battle to protect their residents from the extreme weather conditions. Any help you can give them will be hugely appreciated and will really help to see them through this difficult time.

Why not add spring greens, cabbage or kale to your weekly shop and drop them at your local rescue? Or bin bags and kitchen towels always come in handy. You can even help without spending any money as many rescues use old newspapers to line accommodation and help to keep it snug – but please check with the rescue itself before unloading a pile of paper on them!

Thanks to all the rescues who do such fantastic work!

Excellent thread.:thumb:

I'm off to Windwhistle Warren on 27th Jan. Car loaded with newspapers and some items from a secret Santa I organised. I'm going to be one happy bunny.:D:D:D

Come on folks.....your help is always needed at the rescues and always appreciated.:thumb:

Great thread :thumb:

I don't know about many rescues but my rescues use shredded paper (the long strands not crosscut) as bedding as it saves on the amount of hay and lots of people use shredders so there is always a lot to be donated... In this freezing weather we are running reeeaallllyyy low. Other rescues may be in a similar situation :wave:

Great!

It doesn't always have to be about donations, though of course rescues are always in need of funds. We can all help in some way. Why not phone a rescue near you and offer to give one afternoon a month mucking out? If a lot of people all did the same....and stuck to their promise...that would take so much pressure off the people running it

I'm not geographically close enough to a rescue to visit in person, but it's good to be reminded that at this time of year help and donations are especially welcome.

Back