• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded Pair Suddenly Started Humping/Fur Pulling

egg

Warren Scout
Hi,

I have had Charlie and Shimmer living together since they were bonded in June last year (about 8 months ago), everything has been fine since, they seem very happy together and there's always lots of grooming going on.

Tonight they were running around the living room where they always free range, nothing has changed - no new furniture, carpets, etc - and suddenly Charlie (the dominant male) started humping Shimmer and pulling her fur out on her back/bum. This went on for about 5 minutes then I distracted them with a treat. They seem ok now but I'm worried they will fight overnight.

Can anyone tell me what this means please? Is it territorial and normal, or is it an indication they have fallen out over something? They were in the same room as they are always in, exploring the tunnels and usual toys I put out for them and suddenly the humping started. As far as I can see there is absolutely nothing new in the room.

Well I've never heard of spring fever but I can gather what you mean :lol:

I hope that's all it is.

Thanks x

Back