• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our drive home tonight- more snowy photos.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Driving through the village.
A18574B7-8D89-4090-81B1-CE2239564BDE-1055-00000095974A0F45.jpg

The road over the A96 dual carriageway, looking onto the A96.
48D82056-A9AC-47E3-8C0B-A307786E823A-1055-00000095C5091D29.jpg

The side road leading to our house.
D501CE27-67F3-4858-80FE-C22150ADFA72-1055-0000009603209EE2.jpg

The track up to our house.
B4DF2786-E1A8-455E-A168-646E8CC72653-1055-000000961681DCF7.jpg

Looks like our roads for about six months of the year! :(
Snow can be so beautiful and yet so dangerous. I hope you have a good four wheel drive, I wouldn't be without one! :)
I love that last picture. What a lovely scene. :) Although I manage to keep forgetting that in the UK the passenger is on the left! :lol: For a moment I was thinking...how is she getting those shots AND driving? (forehead slap)
Stay safe and warm! (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

Thank you, we did finally get water on this afternoon, not sure what went wrong, but we are due temps of -4 tonight, so I hope pipes don't freeze!

We do have a 4-wheel drive, a G reg land rover called Hector, we also have a silver golf but it got stuck on the hill and the bottom is now lower than the snow.

Has anybody noticed the bunny running up the track in the last photo, showing his white tail off!

ooh! are our temperatures lower than yours? we were minus six this morning! we have big snow but not as big as yours.
i'm glad you have water. i didn't know it was off but i hope everything holds together for you. brother and sister in law have to bathe in bottled water when their well freezes over.

Has anybody noticed the bunny running up the track in the last photo, showing his white tail off!

I did! I didn't know it was a bunny though, I just wondered what the blur was :lol:

Hope you guys are managing okay up there, have you had problems with water? I hope your pipes don't freeze too!

Saw an amazing pic today of two cars buried in the snow, you could only see the roof. It only said 'Aberdeenshire' and my first thought was 'oh gawd, I hope it's not out Halfpenny's way!'

*huggle* to warm you up. None for Mike this time. ;)

You know I love your place and these picture even make me love it more.....Stephen just said to me I can move up there myself as he is only coming to visit when there's no snow.....

OMG..how did I miss that cottontail? :shock:
I had a wildie go across the road in front of my car during a snowy night drive, all white with a bit of black tips. The SQUEE I gave out could've been enough to run me off the road! :lol:
And I meant to say I'll hold a good thought for your pipes. Between that and the leccy going down, boy do I empathize with that worry!

Thank you, we did finally get water on this afternoon, not sure what went wrong, but we are due temps of -4 tonight, so I hope pipes don't freeze!

We do have a 4-wheel drive, a G reg land rover called Hector, we also have a silver golf but it got stuck on the hill and the bottom is now lower than the snow.

Saw the bun after you had said. I think i know where you roughly stay. You have a lot more snow than us on the Peterhead/Ellon side of the shire. Lovely pics.

Back