• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do any rabbit rescues in Essex need any volunteers?

jazxo

Mama Doe
Has to be accessible from Harlow, Essex.
I've had a look on Google but can't seem to find much.

Have you tried Little Angels? Or the rescue Kris/Starlight is involved with? :wave:

I had a look on the website and unfortunately it said "As we are not a centre we do not require volunteers as the rabbits are cared for in family homes" :(

Has to be accessible from Harlow, Essex.
I've had a look on Google but can't seem to find much.

Have you had a look on Rabbit re-home website? This lists many rescues in the UK. Choose Essex or adjoining county/counties and see what comes up.

Best of luck.:thumb:

Could you get up the M11 from Harlow? The Rabbit Residence in Herts is often asking for volunteers to help out. As Harlow is right on the border, it might be worth looking west to Hertfordshire as well.

Could you get up the M11 from Harlow? The Rabbit Residence in Herts is often asking for volunteers to help out. As Harlow is right on the border, it might be worth looking west to Hertfordshire as well.

I have tried to work out a way to get there via public transport and it's just too far and complicated. If I drove I absolutely would :(

Have you had a look on Rabbit re-home website? This lists many rescues in the UK. Choose Essex or adjoining county/counties and see what comes up.

Best of luck.:thumb:

Yes I have but none are accessible to me, I'm going to have another look though. Thank you :)

It's a shame you can't get to Rabbit Residence, they always need volunteers :( you can't bribe someone with a car?

It's a shame you can't get to Rabbit Residence, they always need volunteers :( you can't bribe someone with a car?

I'd love to help there so much :( I might be able to as a one off but I want to find somewhere I can regularly help and get experience in animal handling/care as I one day want to be vet nurse so just looking for as much experience as possible.

I'd love to help there so much :( I might be able to as a one off but I want to find somewhere I can regularly help and get experience in animal handling/care as I one day want to be vet nurse so just looking for as much experience as possible.

awww :( are you able to learn to drive? my concern is the majority of rescues are off the beaten path away from public transport - as that is where land is cheaper and more spacious without neighbours to complain about the noise/traffic etc!

awww :( are you able to learn to drive? my concern is the majority of rescues are off the beaten path away from public transport - as that is where land is cheaper and more spacious without neighbours to complain about the noise/traffic etc!

Not at the moment, definitely not in the right financial situation. I know, it's such a shame as I'm really willing to help wherever I can.

Cuddly Critters is in South Ockendon if that isn't too far, or there is Essex Guinea Pig Rat and Rabbit Rescue in Leigh-on-Sea :wave:

How about turning your help into something more financial? Fundraising perhaps.

Such efforts are always appreciated and much needed by the rescues and sanctuaries.

Best of luck.

How about turning your help into something more financial? Fundraising perhaps.

Such efforts are always appreciated and much needed by the rescues and sanctuaries.

Best of luck.

I'd love to but I really want the hands on experience with the animals, thank you for the suggestion and it's definitely something I'd consider in the future.

Back