• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to make Ailise more interested in playing/being active?

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
Hi guys!

It could be partly because she's new, but when Ailise is out of her cage she will hop maybe once or twice around the room, then always rest for hours in the same spot - under a low side table near her cage. I've put out cardboard boxes and tubes etc. but she's uninterested. Do you have any ideas on things I can do that might encourage her to be more active?

AMETHYST

Do you have a wood/vinyl floor ? Some Rabbits dont like hopping about on that type of flooring due to the lack of traction it provides. So if you do have hard flooring putting some rugs down may mean she feels safer hopping about :)

Is she always like this? Many rabbits tend to be sleepy and inactive during the afternoon, but liven up in the evening and if given the opportunity are also playful in the morning. My Spenser spends most of the afternoon fur-puddled like a big white cushion!

Back